Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid - Walk Away Lock Inconsistent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
not to hijack the the thread, i think my handles lock fine about 20 to 30 seconds after I'm away from the car. My issues when unocking. I would say it consistently will unlock with my phone as key and present the handles if i touch one, but otherwise, it takes maybe 30 seconds from when i'm standing by the car (looking like a thief, sentry mode yelling at me) until the car unlocks and the handles present.
Galaxy S10 + Phone.
any idea? I do have service coming today, but for an unrelated issue.
thanks!
This sounds more like it might be your phone. Is android putting the Tesla app in power save mode?

Maybe test this by opening the app on your phone when walking up to the car. Does this consistently resolve the issue?

So is this a common problem with the seat sensors being defective?
My "walk away lock" feature is very inconsistent in my NEW 2022 Model Y.
It didn't lock today when I got home, so I opened the drivers door again and sat down then got up & walked away and it did not.
Does this mean the seat sensor is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced?

thank you

So is this a common problem with the seat sensors being defective?
My "walk away lock" feature is very inconsistent in my NEW 2022 Model Y.
It didn't lock today when I got home, so I opened the drivers door again and sat down then got up & walked away and it did not.
Does this mean the seat sensor is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced?

thank you
Does it auto-lock everywhere else? I think there is a setting where you can tell the auto-lock to disregard home location.