Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why the mods removed the video from the original post? Hmm.

I can't wait for [insert any other car manufacturer] to come along and challenge the EV throne to spur Tesla to actually improve. Other than hardware it seems as though they're spiraling as a company and really need that added competition to shore up the loose ends that, as of right now, just look like losses on a P&L ledger.
Isn't that what's happening right now? It seems the Taycan time on the Nurburgring rustled Elon's feathers a bit, and look at what's happening now!

Reactions: Flyguy
Porsche should make a press release claiming that the Taycan lcd screens do not yellow, and that its audio does not glitch. It might work.
I'd rather they made a commercial about how great their customer service reps are who answer the phones if you have a problem and need to schedule service or order a part. You know, via actual real humans? lol

It's a smart move, even if it brings up the cost to around $140k to $150k. There are plenty of people who would pay that much for the extra zip and handling. I've always wondered why they don't offer a track mode car with wider wheels, bigger tires, brakes suspension, etc.
Because before now they didn't need to. Que competition & the winner is we the consumer.

Thinking about badges......for those who like them.....

The numbers are gone, since it's now just Long Range and Performance.

Also all the S and X cars are dual motor, so the D is redundant.

So you could have:

LR
PR
and PA for the Plaid option (PL would suggest Ludicrous)

Or just de-badge and let the exterior styling changes speak for themselves.

So excited for the plaid S. What an unusual announcement by Elon. Would think that it would Osborne S sales for a year now. Certainly made me hold off cause I’ve been waiting for an upgrade, was hoping it would be sooner than a year from now.

So excited for the plaid S. What an unusual announcement by Elon. Would think that it would Osborne S sales for a year now. Certainly made me hold off cause I’ve been waiting for an upgrade, was hoping it would be sooner than a year from now.
As malcolm pointed out, not everyone wants the performance model.
But also we should take into account “Elon time”. A year in his world is like 3 years normal time, way too long to wait without a tesla.

Reactions: Fossil Fool