Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm super bummed, been holding off on buying an S, figured there would be a substantial refresh on the Plaid model, and maybe their will be. But to drop $140k on a car with a body style nearing a decade old, and looks nearly identical to a car half the price (LR S), I just can't bite on this one....

I ordered mine last night. White on white with 21" wheels and FSD software. I currently own a 2019 Raven Performance Model S.
I suspect they will offer an updated body and interior for all Model S cars in about 12 months. The reason I think this is the case is that if the Plaid Model S was going to be the same body and interior as the current Model S I think they would have showed one or more of the cars yesterday. Also, the website only shows a partial view of the Plaid model S.
Maybe wishful thinking, but I have to believe Elon knows the current Model S is an old architecture that needs a complete ground up revision.

According to the driver’s youtube channel, it will come with Cup2 special gum very similar to Cup2R tires. The platform is totally different from Raven S. Handling like a Model 3 in corners. It also has a Model 3 steering wheel.

So yes, I believe it will be on new architecture, die cast unibody, structural battery. The interior will be model 3 style (hopefully with sport seats instead of comfort seats). Exterior? The prototype’s front has a huge opening, they should also be designing a new front so that the opening looks not so weird.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
What are your order numbers?

I’m def going 21’s, just something interesting. Maybe bronze. A bit limited with midnight silver but it is a great color. Red looks great when it’s clean but I don’t want 2 red in a row. Maybe blue/black this time. I bet there are significant changes if not a refresh by late 2021.

The wife and her friend just placed plaid orders. We're a prior S owners and the friend is a first time buyer. Friends order showed "Pay as you go supercharging" Our order said nothing about pay as you go. These orders were placed within minutes of each other. Oh yea we currently have lifetime supercharging on our current S. Did not see anywhere to use the referral code on either order. This would be our third MS but I doubt that means anything.

I assumed we'd have to pay as you go and would need to to use our referral code to get the 1000 mile credit.

Any thoughts, anybody else notice this?

The wife and her friend just placed plaid orders. We're a prior S owners and the friend is a first time buyer. Friends order showed "Pay as you go supercharging" Our order said nothing about pay as you go. These orders were placed within minutes of each other. Oh yea we currently have lifetime supercharging on our current S. Did not see anywhere to use the referral code on either order. This would be our third MS but I doubt that means anything.

I assumed we'd have to pay as you go and would need to to use our referral code to get the 1000 mile credit.

Any thoughts, anybody else notice this?

I saw pay as you go SuC. I am a current MS owner, but did not think about using the referral code. I ordered about 7 min after the announcement.

I used my own referral code. Only gets 1,000 free miles.

0E9AD94D-A03A-474C-B3D9-7D46A8144E69.jpeg
5CE07017-7B69-4A20-9F88-738838C6A2A2.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
I was in too much of a hurry in placing the initial order, I wonder if you can apply ones code later...
Not likely. I would try giving them a call. But if they don’t let you do it, you can always cancel and reorder. There is definitely enough lead time. But I’m guessing you don’t want to lose your place in line.
I inadvertently forgot to select the color and ended up with a white one. I called Tesla and they changed my order. It took a bit of time because of the network issues the day after, but it was eventually fixed on day 3.