Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Plus" Air suspension worth swapping to "Standard" Air suspension car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I currently have a 2014.5 Model S P85D with the "Plus" Air suspension package.
I am aware that this package means that I have slightly stiffer shocks, 2mm thicker anti-roll bars, and stiffer bushings (P85+ Package).

There really isn't a lot of information on this package online in terms of if the new performance cars get the upgrades automatically.

I have enroute a 2016.5 P100D with "Standard" Air suspension (In additional information).

I absolutely love the way the P85D Handles and I can tell that it's stiffer than other cars.

Would this package be worth physically swapping into the new car? And if so what exactly would I need to swap over?
Is this diy'able if I have access to a lift?

Has anyone done this?

I'm aware that these three threads exist:

Can anyone speak to the stock package on the fully optioned out P100D Pre-Raven and tell me if it handles differently than Non P Cars of that Post-facelift generation?

Thanks in advance

I think we covered this in the "Performance Plus (+) Upgrade" thread -- it's possible, but expensive.

Changing the front suspension is easy, but changing the rear I believe involves dropping the rear motor out, which is a lot more involved. I think there are other reasons as well.

There really isn't a lot of information on this package online in terms of if the new performance cars get the upgrades automatically.

Not sure what you mean here, but the P+ suspension died in April 2015 never to be seen again (sadly).

Some people say the newer Raven suspension is better, but it's no P+ suspension.

Lastly, you don't need to refer to it as the "Plus Air Suspension" or "Standard Air Suspension". There's the air suspension which only changes ride height (also called "Smart Air Suspension"), and then there's the P+ suspension (different parts) that change the handling.