Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Power Frunk Group Buy (all years)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Repost to include all years Model S for this group buy.

Just confirmed with EVOffer and we have the 20% discount for our group buy (min. 20 kits). My list shows 25+ interested so let's get our orders in on the website. All model years/variants for Model S and Model X will be accepted.

Please use the Coupon code: JUN22-20TMC when you check out. Below is the message from EVOffer:

************************************************************************************************

We have already enabled a coupon code for the group buy. Here is the details: Coupon Code: JUN22-20TMC Valid until: 2022-06-15
Applicable products: Model S Electric Frunk, Model X Electric Frunk (All model years / variants) Minimum requirement for the group buy: 20 kits

If the number of orders is lower than the requested amount, there are 2 options:
1. We can issue a 95% refund (because there is a card processing fee charged by the processor)
2. Customer can pay extra 10% to get the kit

For the customers from Canada, please ask them to send us a message on Telegram and we will try to see how can it be arranged. Thank you!

Reactions: Spyderman09
Looks like I am the guinea pig of the group. lol. I am not a professional by any means so it took me a while to get it installed today (~6 hrs). If I do it again I can probably keep it under 2. Long story short, ran into some snags, got great support from Raymond (the dude in the videos), and found out a couple of disappointing features. Here is the summary of dos, don'ts, and thoughts on this product:

-Do look up online and research as much as you can before you take things apart. The manual on EV offer website is helpful, and I have to read it several times to finally figure out where all the wires go (box doesn't say). The installation video for the variant B is helpful too. Too bad there's no video for variant C installation.

-Do find a good ground for the kit. My first real issue was that the control box powers up, but solid red and doesn't respond to anything. Raymond suggested that I find a good gnd for the negative wire and that was very helpful.

-Don't drop any tools. As I was prying out the old struts, the small screw driver flew off and landed inside the car somewhere. A few choice words were thrown until I realized it landed perfectly on the half shaft for me to pick up. phewww....

-The second snag I hit was the fact that the frunk wouldn't close properly. It would close the first latching stage but not the second/final stage. Good thing Raymond was there, otherwise I'd be adjusting all the wrong items. Anyhow, the solution is to either bend the lever arm thingy on the latch add-on bracket forward (towards the front of the car), or attach a small extrusion on the striker. I opted for the latter and Raymond will send me one soon. He said it's due to quality control of the refreshed S - he has seen two other S with the same issue: striker doesn't engage the lever enough for the hood to be fully latched on.

-So now everything works great. But here's the rub: the struts that came w/ Variant C can NOT be moved manually. Raymond said it's due to the way refreshed S hood is designed. I asked for the Variant B strut as the installation video clearly showed that it can be moved manually. Raymond assured me that those struts won't work either. Can anyone else confirm whether the frunk struts/load points has been changed on the new S? Also, it would be good to know if all other vendors have the same issue? Raymond did mention that manually opening is still possible but just not closing. In any case, from usability perspective it's not too bad - but one has to remind others not try to close the frunk. I can see a few corner cases where it might be liability: just make sure if the 12v battery is dead - don't open the hood unless you have the new replacement battery ready to go.

-Also, the emergency wire (yellow loop) doesn't work the way you expect: it basically just clears up any restrictions the kit places on the latch - you will still need to find a way to open the hood (whether via Tesla emergency method or whatnot). Here's where manually movable struts might come in handy..

-All in all, not a bad product, but it can easily been better. I am hoping to hear back from Raymond soon regarding struts.

1654822547137-png.814781

Attachments

• 1654822547137.png
    1654822547137.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 553
Admin note:
In order to be fair to existing official Vendors (paying advertisers) who help support the site, all group buys coordinated on TMC should be with existing Vendors. If you would like to arrange a group buy with a business that is not a TMC vendor, please encourage them to become one.

Status
Not open for further replies.