Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S pre-facelift to facelift Prior Design PD-S1000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear fellow Tesla enthusiasts,

I am in need of your help!
I’m currently in the process of fitting a Prior Design PD-S1000 bodykit to my 2015 P90D with AP (non-wide body).

As some of you will know, the bodykit is made for the facelift Model S, but as the cars are so similar, I figured it would fit (with some modification), like the original facelift bumper does also.

So far the rear bumper is a fit, but I’m running into an issue with the lower valance (plastic bottom trim), that’s connected to the underside of the rear bumper.
Doing my due diligence, I came across this thread:

Which gives me the impression that my pre-facelift lower valance doesn’t fit, and I would need to order the lower balance of the facelift Model S. However, that post speaks about “two” parts. Can anyone elaborate on which parts these are? Any part-no’s would be a blessing…!

Then, during test fitting of the front bumper, we couldn’t get it to fit (yet), and it looks like some modification needs to be done atleast to the facelift grill (V-stripe / logo holder), which looks to be too wide somehow..
Also, my lower valance on the front, also looks to be not a good fit, so I probably also need the facelift version for the front.
Can anyone confirm that a front lower valance needs to be updated when doing a facelift conversion?

What about the middel lower valance (that sits under the battery) — will the pre-facelift one for the facelift middle lower valance?

Hope you can point me in the right direction so that I can document all the required parts/modifications here, in case someone else wants to fit the same bodykit on a pre-facelift model.
C9FA9DE5-6936-47C4-9205-E3BF056F1188.jpeg

Attachments

• 440C584B-E244-498E-B469-7420F374CB78.jpeg
    440C584B-E244-498E-B469-7420F374CB78.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 168
Are we talking about the undertray? If so, they all need to be replaced with facelift ones. You can find the part numbers in the EPC.

The only difference between pre-face and facelift are two additional brackets that hold the front fascia so it should just fit right on. You will need the facelift active aero as that is different as well.

looks nice , while you are at it Iwould recommend the putting in the lighted lower reflector add ins. ( they are on ebay) .. the easiest time to add them is when the bumper and tray cover is off

here is an example

there are a bunch of offerings , but make sure you get the kind that are reflective when off to make sure you still meet safety inspection standards ( the reflector will need to be the compatible refresh lighting kind not the 2012-2020 ones ( they are different) .. let us know how it looks when completed!

looks nice , while you are at it Iwould recommend the putting in the lighted lower reflector add ins. ( they are on ebay) .. the easiest time to add them is when the bumper and tray cover is off

here is an example

there are a bunch of offerings , but make sure you get the kind that are reflective when off to make sure you still meet safety inspection standards ( the reflector will need to be the compatible refresh lighting kind not the 2012-2020 ones ( they are different) .. let us know how it looks when completed!
Those look great - but I’m pretty sure they would not pass our annual inspection (Tüv).. :-(