TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Pre-Sale

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by models4sale, Dec 17, 2012.

1. models4sale

models4sale New Member

Don't want to wait to buy your Tesla Model S? Configure your tesla exactly how you want it and buy my spot. I'm currently up for configuration of my Tesla and if you do it before Jan 10, 2013, you will receive current Model S pricing. All I want is my $5k deposit and $7k for my position so total of $12k.

Why am I giving up my spot? I just found out my condominium will not allow me to install a charger or a 220v in my parking spot without going through permits (santa monica) and upgrading the entire complex's electricity panel (older building, grandfathered in) :crying:. My loss, your gain! feel free to PM me with any questions.

2. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

For what it's worth, California SB 880 was signed to prevent this. Bill Text - SB-880 Common interest developments: electric vehicle charging stations.

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Also for what it's worth, somebody tried to donate a Model S reservation spot to Plug In America. I asked Tesla about their policy on allowing the reservation to be transferred, because the reservation agreement says it can not be transferred without Tesla's permission.

Tesla was very polite, but also very clear that there was absolutely no way it was going to happen. To any buyers, make sure you get the transfer confirmed before paying for a "spot". Or make sure the car gets delivered to the original reservationist, then buy the car used from them (although then you lose the federal tax credit, and may lose other benefits as well - for example in WA you would lose the sales tax waiver). Models4sale, I'm not sure which of these you are proposing.