Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Premium Center Console - Only in Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was supplied a black plastic plug that could fill the gap if my iPhone connector was removed. So, I assume they can install the console with no connector.
I picked up that plug at the Service center after my installation as well. I think it comes with the kit they install, but don't give it to you unless you ask. I replaced my lightening connector with the plug , as I found the iPhone would fly backwards from the docked position under a hard launch.

I don't use the dock connector around town, for that very reason. My 6+ is so big that I'm afraid a really hard launch (perhaps with a bit of curve) will tear the plug off the base. I only use it on the road, and particularly when I have TomTom backing up the main console. I also find that, now that I have my tunes on a stick rather than my phone, I am more likely to leave that portion closed and set my phone on top - it looks a bit more elegant.

BTW the stiching doesn't bother me one tiny bit.

Just a quick question. Does the centre console go over the 12V plug at the back of the console? will it hide the plug when closed?
I am considering one. I am planning to install a dash cam but I didn't want it hot-wired to the car in view of all the problems that some have reported. I plan to have it plugged into the 12V plug and then hide the wiring running to the cam.

Pictures on how the console relate to the USB plugs and the 12V plug would be greatly appreciated!

But I never close it because it's piano black and my trim is CF, plus I have an USB adapter plugged in the 12V which prevents closing of the door.

I can't help you with the mismatch, beyond suggesting a CF wrap, as some people have done. But I can definitely help with the 12V USB adapter preventing the door from closing. You just need to purchase a low profile USB adapter like this one:

Amazon.com: SCOSCHE USBC242M 12 Watts per port (24W/4.8A total output) USB Car Charger- The FASTEST CHARGE RATE for Apple and Android Devices-Retail Packaging-Black: Cell Phones Accessories

Scosche_.jpg

I have this adapter plugged in, and the door closes with it in place.

Nice catch!

I wonder if that means that'll be available some time soon.

I hope so and also hope we can get that little piece itself. I have the Piano black console and that one part of it is crappy. It scratches way too easily, it is peeling on the edge, and is overall poor quality. The rest of console is fine. This is probably why they are trying something new again.

-T

I went in for the install today of a piano black console. I have a new leased S and told them I would like to be able to take the console out at the end of the lease without damage to the existing unit. They were able to do this by not installing the mounting screws. You could easily mount the console yourself this way. I paid cash for it so why give it away at the end of the lease. I had also bought a sheet of 3M stick-on carbon.......cut a piece and applied it to the lid........beautiful. Now waiting for a gray rear console if I can ever get an order in.

I have a lease, also, so this approach appeals to me. Does the console feel loose without the screws? Think it would come loose over time?
Also, do they install the console over the yacht floor, or does the floor have to be removed?
Thanks!

I have a lease, also, so this approach appeals to me. Does the console feel loose without the screws? Think it would come loose over time?
Also, do they install the console over the yacht floor, or does the floor have to be removed?
Thanks!

The console is installed over the yacht floor.

I can't answer your other questions, as my console was screwed in to place.

Just got my Tesla console installed yesterday at my local Service Center. Looks nice. I have not actually used it for any cups or much of anything else yet, but I can already see that it could be improved. Since the cup holders are configurable (in a way I did not realize until I had it in my car) and removable, the thought I have is that Tesla should supply one or two pieces to act as "walls" or barriers between the space used for storage and the space for cupholders. The wall pieces could be slid into the same slots used for the cup holders. That way, if a person wanted to set up a certain part of the console for storage, stuff in that area would not slide down into the space around the cups. As it is, I see the potential for annoyance when stuff slides around. E.g., small items like a finger clipper or ear buds or coins or any number of things would be much easier to contain if there was a separator for them.
I may try to fashion some walls myself (but they won't look as nice as I'd like or match the console materials).

Just got my Tesla console installed yesterday at my local Service Center. Looks nice. I have not actually used it for any cups or much of anything else yet, but I can already see that it could be improved. Since the cup holders are configurable (in a way I did not realize until I had it in my car) and removable, the thought I have is that Tesla should supply one or two pieces to act as "walls" or barriers between the space used for storage and the space for cupholders. The wall pieces could be slid into the same slots used for the cup holders. That way, if a person wanted to set up a certain part of the console for storage, stuff in that area would not slide down into the space around the cups. As it is, I see the potential for annoyance when stuff slides around. E.g., small items like a finger clipper or ear buds or coins or any number of things would be much easier to contain if there was a separator for them.
I may try to fashion some walls myself (but they won't look as nice as I'd like or match the console materials).

I use the cup-holder separators and simple separators. Just because they are curved does not make them that much less functional. Actually, they create nice small compartments that I use for pens, etc, with the larger sections for larger items.

Reviving an old thread. I just got this console and installed it last night. Did anyone find a solution like this that’s available for the current center console? I checked with all of the manufacturers (Evannex, RPMTesla, Topfit) and they don’t support it. I’d like to have the Qi charging storage shelf. Hoping someone with a 3D printer and one of these consoles is crafty enough but :)

FAF37F8A-FCCB-45D0-91C1-C4A739CD05B8.jpeg

Reactions: AnOutsider
Reviving an old thread. I just got this console and installed it last night. Did anyone find a solution like this that’s available for the current center console? I checked with all of the manufacturers (Evannex, RPMTesla, Topfit) and they don’t support it. I’d like to have the Qi charging storage shelf. Hoping someone with a 3D printer and one of these consoles is crafty enough but :)

View attachment 324611
Yeah it's right here. https://amzn.to/2vGzl27