Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S price after M3, could it possibly go down?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't that cause too much of an overlap between the two model lines?
Not really

Let's say we start at 60k and top will be 120k
Still way more expensive than Model 3

The reason I asked!
Tesla bluntly said P100D is paying for M3 but that's not going to be sustainable by most! Besides I don't see how all other Automakers will sit and twiddle their fingers while Gesla steals all these sales from them !!!!

Remains to be seen

Looking at the historical Tesla trend to increase prices, I'd say no.
Not just with Tesla, but isn't that usually the case where the price of a given make/model car goes up from year to year? Other than, say, with the Model T (and maybe some other exceptions). But, yes, I don't see the base price of the Model S going down with the introduction of the Model 3.

Reactions: soooma and Max*
Given the size and price difference, I don't think the M3 is going to cannibalize sales of MS, and thus I doubt the MS will see significant price drops when the M3 comes out. The German luxury manufacturers have no problems collecting more money for the larger cars (BMW 7 vs 3, Merc S vs C), so I don't see why Tesla can't do the same.

Reactions: DIL
I'm am confident the price will not go down on the model S. In saying that you will not get the same car as today. It will have more standard features for sure. On top of that I would not be surprised if they offer discounts at there stores to put customers over the line. I do belive the model 3 will be a hit and the model S will caught in its shadows.