Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Price Cut 1 Day after delivery...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to say this but I'd seriously consider bringing the car back RIGHT NOW while you're still in the return window and tell them you want a price adjustment IN WRITING or want them to take the car back.

Once you're past 7 days you're just gonna get the endless runaround by Tesla's inept service organization. You may ultimately prevail, but it's not gonna be easy for you.
I finally got an email response:
Since the price changes were after your delivery but within the 7-day return period, you qualify for the lower pricing. We have opened a case to process the refund for you. Please allow a week for the case to be processed and then an additional 30 days for the refund to be processed and mailed to you.

I took delivery a week ago and there was a price drop 3 days after delivery but Tesla automatically filed a 3k refund process for me. Mine is performance which only had 3k price drop unlike LR+ that had a price drop of 5500. Call them and they should be able to get it sorted out for you
Being told via email since I was in the 7 day return window I qualify for a refund. To wait 30 days to process. Hopefully that in writing will secure the refund as today is the last return day.

I probably would have returned it if you had the option (didn’t need it as primary car). You would have gotten a new one for less and more importantly if you ordered a new one, it would probably be a 2021 which are shipping now. That makes a difference also... I know Tesla doesnt change by model year, but in the resell market a 21 is still better than a 20.

I took delivery a week ago and there was a price drop 3 days after delivery but Tesla automatically filed a 3k refund process for me. Mine is performance which only had 3k price drop unlike LR+ that had a price drop of 5500. Call them and they should be able to get it sorted out for you
Do you suspect this will be a cash refund or a credit of some sort? Not sure how they deliver a cash refund when my entire Tesla is financed.