Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S price increase 3/14/2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla raised the prices on Model S a few mins ago with a price adjustment of $5,000. Also Model 3 at $46,990.

Saw it coming a mile away…

3FAAB6A4-4737-49F0-A258-0459491EEDD5.jpeg

From an article:

Model 3 Dual Motor up $2500 (now $54,490)
Model 3 Performance up $3000 (now $61,990)
Model Y Long Range up $2000 (now $62,990)
Model Y Performance up $3000 (now $67,990)
Model S all models up $5000 (Long Range starts at $99,990)
Model X up $10,000 (now $114,990)

Seems like everything is going up...Thanks Joe :(
I mean, I know everyone always like to blame whomever the sitting president is (regardless of who it is) for everything, but factually speaking, (as opposed to blaming windmills, for example), the current state of Tesla is mainly tied to global supply chain issues with a dash of a crazed man invading a nation that has a fair amount of nickel (batteries need this)

• Funny
Reactions: nwd89
I mean, I know everyone always like to blame whomever the sitting president is (regardless of who it is) for everything, but factually speaking, (as opposed to blaming windmills, for example), the current state of Tesla is mainly tied to global supply chain issues with a dash of a crazed man invading a nation that has a fair amount of nickel (batteries need this)
Can't forget about Shenzhen being closed down for Covid. Going to have massive negative supply issues for all industries. But, yeah people want to blame sleepy Joe....

Blown away by the fact that a new Model S is $25k more than I paid for mine just a little over 2 years ago 🤯

Of course, had I invested the money into Tesla stock at the time instead of buying a car, the $25k uplift wouldn't have bothered me at all

Does Ukraine export a lot of nickel?

Well, at least we got in before the $6k price increase... Though, that's only a 4.6% increase, which is less than inflation. Either way, should help with resale.
Considering the Model S was about $80K (about a year ago post-refresh, but was as low as $69420 pre-refresh), I'd say that's a 25% price increase.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Considering the Model S was about $80K (about a year ago post-refresh, but was as low as $69420 pre-refresh), I'd say that's a 25% price increase.
True. Good point. I was referring to the Plaid. $120k base if you got in before it was revealed, otherwise $130k.

Yeah, the refresh S at $80k was kind of a steal, if you don't mind all the bugs and flaws.... Now at $100k for a Base Model S, it seems overpriced. The Model 3 has a lot fewer flaws for a lot less.

I'm at three service trips so far post delivery to fix the problems with my Plaid. No end in sight. No fixes yet for the vibrations, the buzzing yoke, or the console light.