Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Price Rise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
So, after MUCH mucking around, despite the loss of my "Free Ludicrous" option, I made up my mind and went to ORDER a Raven Performance Model S this arvo.
Clicked on order button- "There is an error"
So I started again: Price has risen by about 4000 dollars since this morning. Almost all because of increase in interior options.
Well.
That's the end of that.

I’m forever checking the price because I’m considering ordering a Raven Performance S and have been miffed ever since the free Ludicrous was taken away. However my config is still showing same price as this morning - and the last few weeks (176k).

Reactions: ICUDoc
So, after MUCH mucking around, despite the loss of my "Free Ludicrous" option, I made up my mind and went to ORDER a Raven Performance Model S this arvo.
Clicked on order button- "There is an error"
So I started again: Price has risen by about 4000 dollars since this morning. Almost all because of increase in interior options.
Well.
That's the end of that.

WOW... The online system has changed 5 times this year since Feb. It's nuts. I can see they are now charging $2000 for white seats, It aint worth it IMO.

I rang Tesla today and said I would be cancelling my order if they don't honour the previously agreed price I ordered at. \

I love the cars, I love Elon's mission. But the company is too much to handle.

WOW... The online system has changed 5 times this year since Feb. It's nuts. I can see they are now charging $2000 for white seats, It aint worth it IMO.

I rang Tesla today and said I would be cancelling my order if they don't honour the previously agreed price I ordered at. \

Tesla will honour the price you ordered at, no need to stress there. And I don't get the concern with 2% price fluctuations. If you want to see 2% variations with other cars just go to 5 different dealers and observe 5 different prices, each with varied options and extras and up sells for different add ons like paint protection, finance and insurances.

Yeah I cannot believe they aren't like normal car sales/yards and have a fixed price for everyone that never changes, oh wait car yards change their price depending how you haggle.m and weather...... no one has fixed price car sales in the world they all change often.
This is nothing new and for you to assume Tesla is any different is naive and selfish.

Can't see what the issue is.
Tesla is just like any other merchant on the planet.
They have a product, they offer it for sale at a price satisfactory to them at that point in time. A potential buyer makes their choice that is satisfactory to them in that moment - take it or leave it. If taken, they pay consideration (deposit or full price), and the contract is made.
Whatever happened prior or will happen after is totally irrelevant to that contract.

Yeah I cannot believe they aren't like normal car sales/yards and have a fixed price for everyone that never changes, oh wait car yards change their price depending how you haggle.m and weather...... no one has fixed price car sales in the world they all change often.
This is nothing new and for you to assume Tesla is any different is naive and selfish.

Whoa whoa boys... DW I am a Tesla fan boy too. I love my Model S.

Not sure if you got confused but my posts were about a car I had ordered for a certain price at the time of purchasing.
If you don't care about people changing prices on you after you have agreed to a different price earlier on, then good for you, it's your money.

The Tesla cars are still very well priced, but I ordered my car start of May end of April, and like other members have reported there is no sight of delivery any time soon.

Unless you're pre-ordering super cars, most other manufacturers will deliver your car within a reasonable time frame.

Reactions: Shock-On-T