Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Purchased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I recently purchased a 2015 Tesla Model S 85D. The dealership listed it as a performance model but I am not sure that is correct. Is there a way for me to easily tell if the Tesla I purchased is really a performance model?

Thanks!

Hello All,

I recently purchased a 2015 Tesla Model S 85D. The dealership listed it as a performance model but I am not sure that is correct. Is there a way for me to easily tell if the Tesla I purchased is really a performance model?

Thanks!
So I found a little more detail. Would a P85D be performance and 85D be standard?

Using google a 2015 Model S 85D should get a range of 270 miles. Does that mean the battery when fully charged should be 270? While the performance is 253 mile range, again would the battery when fully charged be 253? I fully charged my Tesla today and it was 253 miles. However my car does not have a P.

Thanks again!

Sounds to me like you got an 85D (non performance.. the performance variant would be a P85D) with typical battery degradation for a car of this age. Google those terms to learn as much detail as you care to know on any of those topics.

Not likely but you can try. 3rd party car dealerships are notoriously shady so it's unlikely they care about anything you might do. They likely knew when they listed what they were doing. There's a rash of mislabeled (75D listed as 100D and so on) Model S cars for sale on the various online listing sites (Autotrader, Cars.com, etc.) and it's almost always 3rd party dealerships. This playing stupid by car dealerships needs to end but as long as consumers keep rewarding the bad behavior by buying them they'll continue doing it.