Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Questions (Winter Driving and others)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a 2021 (Pre-Refresh) Model S and have some questions for some owners. I have previously had a Model 3 AWD for 3 years.
-What are recommended winter tires to use? Any good place to buy rims?
-What are the best mats in the car to buy (i.e. I had tuxmats on my Model 3)
-New to the suspension, what are the best recommended settings for a comfortable ride (besides 'Comfort' lol, any other tweaks that can be modified)
-Compared to a Model 3/Y any other recommended maintenance to be aware of?
Thanks!

I see you are from Calgary. When I had my S there were a few parking lot speed bumps that I would scrape the belly on. Just be careful and try and adjust up to the high setting when you can. It should remember that location from then on, but there were occasions when it forgot and would scrape again. I had the WeatherTech Tesla labeled floor mats. I would not recommend them just because I found them hard to keep clean and they bent. I like the Maxpider 3D mats in my 3. A 2021 shouldn't have the door handle issues I had with my 2014. I think most will recommend the Nokian Hakkapeliita winter tires. I had the Tesla store Pirelli and did not like them.