Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a roller coast of emotional highs and lows. Buy...wait...buy...wait...buy...wait.

I could have leased a car and returned it for the refresh version during this lifetime of this imminent thread...
Yeah. We know there will be changes to the S and all the other cars over time, so stopped clocks are eventually predictive of the time. Eventually there will be giant changes. Could S sales decrease so much that Tesla stops making them? It's not impossible.

@CraZ8, you've been stringing people along with your "refresh" rumors for nearly 2 years now (since Sep '17). Have you considered the damage you might have done to Tesla with all the people who might have bought a Model S, but put it off because your claimed "refresh" was just around the corner, and then kept. moving. the. goal. posts. again and again and again and again?

Anyone who listens to this crackpot is in for great disappointment.
Sorry you feel this way, again my info is only as good as the source and who would have guessed that with Elon as a CEO that time lines would change, other cars and projects would be promoted at the expense of the S and X. Tesla as a young and overextended company does not have unlimited resources. Did I move the goalposts with the raven refresh? Told you about the new suspension as well didn’t I? We just have to wait and see how accurate the info is about the interior refresh. Sorry you feel cheated some how but really I would love to trade my early 2015 P85DL tomorrow for a Raven with a new interior but that is not going to happen. So I am disappointed for sure but I love my car and will drive it for another 6 months happily. And lighten up Francis ( let’s see who pegs that movie quote)

Last edited:
Wow! I do not understand the hate for the information CraZ8 has provided this forum on this issue. Everyone here is free to ignore or consider the information he provides. There is no need to resort to snippiness ("crackpot" and "captain obvious"). Let's not forget CraZ8 is not the only one out there who has been indicating some sort of update was coming. However, for the most part, he has provided the most specific information and has been spot on at times. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't purchase a $100K+ car every year or two. I would be heartbroken to learn of a significant update a few months after I made such a purchase. I have the luxury of being able to bide my time. I appreciate any and all information I can obtain and then weed out what I feel is worthless or marginal. I appreciate the information CraZ8 provides.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really don’t understand shoot the messenger attitude. Don’t need the hassle. I’m a big fan of Tesla’s even though I own and restore a host of ICE cars. ( a BMW Z8, 74 BMW 3.0 CSI , 59 Isetta 600, 31 model A Ford, 40 fiat topolino) they are the past and I look toward the future so much so that I’m putting in a solar array with battery backup so I can charge my car, power my house and be pretty much off the grid. That being said maybe I will just keep the info to myself and you can pm me from time to time and the haters can go screw.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really don’t understand shoot the messenger attitude. Don’t need the hassle. I’m a big fan of Tesla’s even though I own and restore a host of ICE cars. ( a BMW Z8, 74 BMW 3.0 CSI , 59 Isetta 600, 31 model A Ford, 40 fiat topolino) they are the past and I look toward the future so much so that I’m putting in a solar array with battery backup so I can charge my car, power my house and be pretty much off the grid. That being said maybe I will just keep the info to myself and you can pm me from time to time and the haters can go screw.

Well... for one, I prefer that you keep the information coming and appreciate it. It all seems generally plausible and you've nailed a few things. Tesla is a moving target, and that's just the way it is. And for the record, other auto companies aren't any better. They blow internal deadlines all the time; they're just not under as much scrutiny.

Cheers! Keep it up.

Does the delay also apply to the other updates? Battery, motors, etc? They would seem to be fairly independent of the interior.

This thread is a roller coast of emotional highs and lows. Buy...wait...buy...wait...buy...wait.

I could have leased a car and returned it for the refresh version during this lifetime of this imminent thread...
76278910-E22A-469C-A5C3-F0F622CFF622.jpeg

Please keep the info coming @CraZ8 – we should all know by now that Tesla is moving the goalposts not anyone else. Life itself is a moving target so let’s not be too hard on the messenger. Now, for me personally, this news comes as quite a disappointment and has thrown my future plans into much doubt. My RVG expires mid-Sept and I was hoping to at least see a refreshed interior and thus be able to make an informed decision to either wait for availability or jump on a hopefully discounted (with free supercharging) Raven. Now—what to do? But, I digress—thank you @CraZ8 for your intel....please keep it coming.

Reactions: Tony8489 and DanCar
I’m being told by someone inside that there are some new interior options coming soon (sounded like colors/configs). This persons perspective is similar to what’s Elon said (series of minor changes/options released over time), before he said it, although this individual did not flat out deny the refresh like Elon did, in fact felt like the opposite.

End of the day I may just order the Raven and see what happens, but likely will string it out for another 6 months. None of this would be a problem if they would just offer an upgrad epath during ownership. Sucks to sell the car back and take a massive hit, ok with a reasonable hit. When I bought my P90DL, 150k...2 weeks later p100dl comes out. To trade in at $110k and rebuy at $150k sucks. To pay a $10k turnaround fee or something...much better.

I realize this is extremely non standard and only reasonable on the upper end of the spectrum...but Tesla is extremely non standard :)

Reactions: DanCar
There is no point treating Tesla purchases like traditional ICE vehicles. There is no 'model year' and no 'refresh' / 'new model' that you can wait for and buy after, to ensure that you won't see any changes for the next couple of years or so.

Whenever you purchase your Tesla you can be certain that there will be something changed within 3-9 months after your purchase, just have to get used to it...

Changes will get drip-fed over time, some bigger than others, but the only certainty is there will be more of them :)

I was talking about a few of the other things you mentioned... three motors, 400 mile range, revised body work on the rear.
That 3 motor business was not from me. The revised body work( active aero front and rear, reworked lights) was slated to come at the same time as the interior. My speculation here is that the new interior plus those exterior changes are taking more time to implement and get right. Add to that that the pickup will be announced later this year, the Y is coming on line, the roadster was promised next year and there is continuing work on the semi. My guess is tesla figured they bought a few months of buzz and sales with the Raven upgrade so they could afford to back up the interior a few more months.

FWIW I’ve really enjoyed your contributions and would be disappointed if you stopped sharing.

I really appreciate the info you provide. A while back I was doubtful about your information on the configuration and placement of the new permanent magnetic motor, but you turned out to be absolutely right about that and the existence of Raven in general. I hope you continue to inform the community here.

Reactions: computerchuck
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.