Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF there were to be a refresh, just how soon would they announce it?

People taking delivery could do a return for full money back up to 7 days later, correct?

So we might see the announcement, or a change on the web site after January 7 ?

Or would we find out simply by seeing a new design when deliveries are made ?

Back at the last major refresh in 2016, Tesla gave existing reservation holders a choice of the new or old look, as long as there was inventory. I don't see how they could do that now, if all the inventory is sold.

Perhaps the leverage will be the option to cancel the order if you don't like the refresh, but also you have protection from any price increase with the refresh.

Any other speculation on when it might be?

Interesting timing. Any thoughts on the downsides of putting a $100 deposit down now and ordering a car. If hey happen to do the update, go ahead and purchase and if not, don’t bother? Seems like a low risk to potentially get a better car, especially if it’s possible the price goes up...
I reached the same conclusion—and placed my order this morning.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I thought if you cancel an order now you're "black listed" for a year for that model... or was that back in the seven day return policy period.
Yes, that was if you actually returned a car after taking delivery.

Now that the order fee is $100 and non-refundable, I assume they’re happy to take as many $100 deposits from you as you want to give them.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Status
Not open for further replies.