Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, gotcha. I was just hoping that there was some reference to resolution that would indicate if its a similar aspect ratio as the S/X screens

I really do hope they keep that one screen. A lot of people seem to be in favor of a duel screen design and an HUD to replace the screen in front of the steering will, but I would be much more in favor of keeping the tablet and adding an HUD/Augmented reality if possible.

Best estimate is now Scenario 3 ... based on current production rates :cool:

Incentive-Phase-Out-Timeline.jpg

I talked to my source, against all logic posted here (and there are excellent arguments) still sticking to my info in post from last week of motor and pac mirroring the 3 last quarter this year and interior upgrade 1 or 2 quarter 2019. Interior will consist of dash / screen redo( curved portrait like roadster), door panels redo but probably not seats. disagree all you want, only time will tell.

Everything except your timeline aligns with what I’ve gathered. But I think new seats and a new sunroof is coming as well. But perhaps not in connection with the dash remake, we could still see bits and pieces dropping like those new rims that came recently

I learned my lesson about refresh back in '86. I was buying a Ford F250. I was waiting for the '87 "refresh" which turned out to be FUGLY so I had to scramble to find a '86 with the options I wanted. Never again, If I like a car or truck, I buy it. Waiting is a fool's errand at best if you like the current offering.

What you needed then was better data. Like leaks or analysis letting you know beforehand it would be ugly... ;)

I was there with a second-gen iMac. I know waiting can be the wrong call. Teslas certainly have lost many features over time.

But it also may be the right call. That has happened more often.

That's why trying to garner as much info as possible matters - and the deciding the overall best course.

Personal reasons of what is the right call vary, of course.

So my source has quit Tesla because they’ve been working him like a slave. His latest comment is the updates are coming end of this year, he thinks. Big emphasis on he thinks.

With all the talk of how fresh the design language is on the model 3, Tesla really needs to get their *sugar* together on the S

What an insightful thread! I've been luring on the forum for a while and I'm trying to decide if I should buy new or used. If they update the interior, I know for sure that I want to buy new as otherwise I'm going to start looking for a used/CPO car.

It seems Tesla releases big updates usually in the fall so I'm not sure I can wait that long...

• Disagree
Reactions: SucreTease
They did the Model S facelift in April. They have had some big changes in the fall like AWD, both AP releases, etc. But exactly when Tesla is going to announce everything is different is very hard to predict. They are sort of cat-like in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.