Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... there's already an Intel implementation of the S and X MCU?
I believe there is based on some traces I see in the code.

But here I am talking about old style mcu for s/x. Basically 18.6 firmware contains a lot of model 3 code, full model 3 manual, changelog that's shared for both model 3 and s/x and so on. They just compile it differently for 3 and old style s/x, but the assets are the same.

m3_rearseat_heat.png

I believe there is based on some traces I see in the code.

But here I am talking about old style mcu for s/x. Basically 18.6 firmware contains a lot of model 3 code, full model 3 manual, changelog that's shared for both model 3 and s/x and so on. They just compile it differently for 3 and old style s/x, but the assets are the same.

View attachment 285130
Interesting. Thanks!

Hypothetically,
If you had an option to take delivery of a Model S going into production mid March for delivery in late March or holding off for a June production/delivery in the hopes that you had a better chance of not missing out on a potential refresh, what would you do?

I went for the March one, although production was somewhere February. For me it was a matter of me not believing we will see a refresh that soon and if it haven't arrived by June its just wasted time waiting. Might be wrong but life is all about risk.

Hypothetically,
If you had an option to take delivery of a Model S going into production mid March for delivery in late March or holding off for a June production/delivery in the hopes that you had a better chance of not missing out on a potential refresh, what would you do?
I just ordered in Feb and hopefully will get my car the 16th. I would put the odds of a June refresh near zero.

If you talk about a year away it becomes a little more realistic.

Reactions: GaryW
Time close this thread? The predicted imminent refresh just happened (and in less than 9 months) so all those predicting it can now feel vindicated and go on predicting imminent births for any pregnant women. :p

Don't get me wrong, but adding a lighted visor is well below the bottom end of what I would consider to be a "refresh". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.