Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you’re saying that because you’ve seen it, but the M3 is like this. The one reviewer wasn’t really happy that virtually everything was buried on the screen when it used to be easy access. All he could do was stop and start it from the driver select control.
I am all for clean, simple and minimalist. But there are things you need immediately while driving. Those things cannot be buried in menus, sub-menus or virtual buttons that cannot be "felt" when they need to be adjusted quickly while focusing on the road.

I get the idea that the 3 is designed for the self driving future. However, I believe we will be driving ourselves for another 8-10 years, which is close to the lifespan of a car.

I really hope that they will add flashlight washer so that they can add better headlights on the Europeien cars, the headlights here is laughable after what I hear on forums. Isn’t good flashlight important if you want to make the safest var or isn’t Tesla’s car meant to be use then it’s dark outside?
This must be a language/translation thing. But what is a flashlight washer? To me a flashlight is a tube holding batteries that is handheld illumination thing. Some in Europe call it a torch. I cannot imagine a washer system for this thing. What is it in your culture?

I am all for clean, simple and minimalist. But there are things you need immediately while driving. Those things cannot be buried in menus, sub-menus or virtual buttons that cannot be "felt" when they need to be adjusted quickly while focusing on the road.

I get the idea that the 3 is designed for the self driving future. However, I believe we will be driving ourselves for another 8-10 years, which is close to the lifespan of a car.

Elon did tweet Model 3 will be able to do “pretty much anything” via voice controls. As we all know, the software often lags the hardware(e.g AP2).

This must be a language/translation thing. But what is a flashlight washer? To me a flashlight is a tube holding batteries that is handheld illumination thing. Some in Europe call it a torch. I cannot imagine a washer system for this thing. What is it in your culture?

I think he meant headlight washer. In terms of the Jets of water that pop up and clean the glass.
Yes, I meant headlight washer, my mistake.

I also wish for better door handles inside and out, that work even when the power is out or the door is jammed.
  • I just learned that in the rear, you have to find manual pulls below the seats - nobody will know and find them in an emergency
At the same time, it would make sense to lock the rear seat rests with the power door locks, so thieves can't break into the cabin and access the trunk. When there is indication of a break-in there should be
  • Alarm triggered by glass breaking
  • Immediate owner alert through the Tesla app, with live feed from the cameras
Good ideas ... I really like the rear seat lock idea and the owner break-in alert via the Tesla app
Here is the emergency guide to open the rear doors with the hidden latch beneath the seat. :cool:
upload_2018-1-19_18-36-3.png

Here is the emergency guide to open the rear doors with the hidden latch beneath the seat. :cool:

I know we're going a little off-topic, but I think it's a good idea to brief (e.g.) family members who regularly ride in the rear seat about how the emergency release works. I had my son practice this (in the garage), then to be sure he really understood, had him teach it to my wife. :)

Bruce.

I know we're going a little off-topic, but I think it's a good idea to brief (e.g.) family members who regularly ride in the rear seat about how the emergency release works. I had my son practice this (in the garage), then to be sure he really understood, had him teach it to my wife. :)

Bruce.
That is a great teaching tool. You don't really know something until you can teach someone else. You are a smart guy!!

Guys any more news on a potential update?

I wonder how many thousands of Model S owners are waiting for the update before pulling the trigger. This is the longest I've owned a car and I love our P85D as much as the day I brought it home but I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a P100D but I know there will be some nice goodies when the update comes out. The current interior is essentially from 2012 and I would much rather have a sleek interior like the next gen. Roadster along with the practical interior touches in the Model 3 interior.

I wonder if the Model S refresh will come out in bits and pieces or most of it will come out at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.