Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im not discrediting you, but i think your narrow view of AP is due to lack of experience. Youtube user DaErik drove 1000+ miles on AP alone and only a few miles of manual driving. No issues.

I know I watching them all same as for Kim with Like Tesla they didn't have much problems with AP on their trip at all same as
Ashley Renne or Now You Know. Maybe you right, maybe I don't have too many miles with AP.

I know to many people its the future and dreaming of sitting in the back seat while your car drives you to here and there seems like a fun idea and cool its very unrealistic. I would also bet any guys with Tesla that say they drove across country with AP engaged 50+ part of the time or some may say all of the time ap1/ap2/ap2.5 whatever) are not lying but i would bet they were more stressed out worrying if it would make a wrong move or mistake and had their hands on the wheel ready to take control. I mean we have used ap2 a few times on the freeway and it did ok for a bit but lost lines and veered left and wanted to get off at exits sometimes so it wasn't really a serious drive and only lasted a few minutes each time. The amount of worry and stress from paying MORE ATTENTION to screens and messages and the road too is just not worth the stress in the long run. I mean lets be real here and I mean no dislike on Tesla as all car companies are adding these gimmicks to make driving "safer" and allow for ideal driving situations trying to take many more things in context then the driver can see/sense or know is going on.
Till then we will worry and stress from paying MORE ATTENTION what car actually doing.

I guess I'll respond to this too. I've done three 3000 + mile trips with my AP1 car. The first one nearly two years ago. In all cases the autopilot was enormously advantageous. But I think you have a good point, you do have to get to know the car. I know when the things going to react badly so well now that I take over before it ever happens almost without thinking. It has its limitations, but they are obvious and clear once you've driven it enough. I too will say that the trip is fantastically less stressful with a p. I've only driven a little bit with an AP 2.5, in a model 3, and it seems even better yet with this latest update.

Reactions: kavyboy and d-bone
The evolution continues … Tesla updates Model S and Model X options, makes premium features standard and increases base price

While all the focus is currently on the Model 3, Tesla updated the Model S and Model X design studio by making the ‘Premium Upgrades Package’ standard on the non-performance versions of both vehicles. The result is the base prices of the Model S and Model X have now increased, but both vehicles are getting the more premium features for less money.

The ‘Premium Upgrades Package’ used to be a $5,000 package that includes features like the HEPA air filter with the ‘Bioweapon Defense Mode’ and a premium audio system specifically tuned for a Tesla featuring 11 speakers with neodymium magnets and 8″ subwoofer. It also includes sub-zero features like heated seats for all passengers, heated steering wheels, and more. The package was standard for the performance versions of the Model S and Model X, but now Tesla has also included it in the Model S and Model X 75D and 100D – making the package standard for all vehicles.

At the same time, Tesla increased the price of the vehicles by $2,000 – now start at $77,000 (Model S 75D) and $83,000 (Model X 75D). By absorbing the features into all models, Tesla made them less expensive as it streamlined the ordering process and production, but the base price is now more expensive and it is distancing itself more from the less expensive Model 3. Over the last year, Tesla has made several similar changes to the Model S and Model X options and pricing to more clearly differentiate its more premium flagship vehicles versus the mid-luxury Model 3.

The impact of this move is pretty simple. For those ordering the Model S and Model X who didn’t want those features, it’s bad because it just unnecessarily increased the price of your purchase. As for buyers who would want those features, it’s actually good news because they are now less expensive as a standard package. Even though some feared that Model 3 would cannibalize the base version of the Model S, the standard version of the larger sedan is now arguably the best value it has ever been at $77,000 since Tesla made a ton of features standard including the Premium Upgrades Package today, but also air suspension, dual motor, etc.

Reactions: xyeahtony
why would they not release this new upgrade package? makes more sense to "consolidate" then release the new upgrade package simultaneously then to consolidate and then wait an undetermined amount of time before releasing.

In a perfect world, a lot of things would line up better. Maybe it’s not ready yet? However, I think it makes sense to create a new baseline and streamline production, then increase margins with a new premium upsell down the road.

For example, a “Technology Package” with HUD, Active Bolster Seats with ventilation, RBG LED Lighting, and Automatic doors (on the S).

2eg3yj.jpg

The evolution continues … Tesla updates Model S and Model X options, makes premium features standard and increases base price

While all the focus is currently on the Model 3, Tesla updated the Model S and Model X design studio by making the ‘Premium Upgrades Package’ standard on the non-performance versions of both vehicles. The result is the base prices of the Model S and Model X have now increased, but both vehicles are getting the more premium features for less money.

The ‘Premium Upgrades Package’ used to be a $5,000 package that includes features like the HEPA air filter with the ‘Bioweapon Defense Mode’ and a premium audio system specifically tuned for a Tesla featuring 11 speakers with neodymium magnets and 8″ subwoofer. It also includes sub-zero features like heated seats for all passengers, heated steering wheels, and more. The package was standard for the performance versions of the Model S and Model X, but now Tesla has also included it in the Model S and Model X 75D and 100D – making the package standard for all vehicles.

At the same time, Tesla increased the price of the vehicles by $2,000 – now start at $77,000 (Model S 75D) and $83,000 (Model X 75D). By absorbing the features into all models, Tesla made them less expensive as it streamlined the ordering process and production, but the base price is now more expensive and it is distancing itself more from the less expensive Model 3. Over the last year, Tesla has made several similar changes to the Model S and Model X options and pricing to more clearly differentiate its more premium flagship vehicles versus the mid-luxury Model 3.

The impact of this move is pretty simple. For those ordering the Model S and Model X who didn’t want those features, it’s bad because it just unnecessarily increased the price of your purchase. As for buyers who would want those features, it’s actually good news because they are now less expensive as a standard package. Even though some feared that Model 3 would cannibalize the base version of the Model S, the standard version of the larger sedan is now arguably the best value it has ever been at $77,000 since Tesla made a ton of features standard including the Premium Upgrades Package today, but also air suspension, dual motor, etc.
Ummm Yes Premium Included. But my config is lower price with the changes 100D Premium Upgrades(now free) Around 100k instead of 103..with base wheels as I will put my 21s from old S on my new S

I know I watching them all same as for Kim with Like Tesla they didn't have much problems with AP on their trip at all same as
Ashley Renne or Now You Know. Maybe you right, maybe I don't have too many miles with AP.
It's all lollipops and candy canes until you hit the side of a truck. Complacency is the real problem with AP. Not everyone will use it properly which is how you are doing it and then they eventually become a statistic.

• Helpful
Reactions: mblakele
The patent I've been working on requires me to do a lot of study of batteries and battery tech. So, I've been thinking. Maybe Tesla is very close to a battery breakthrough, there are hints all over the place, and they're simply waiting for that to happen before they decide on how to reconfigure the S and the X. Any possibility that might be correct? Note: I'm not talking one one of those pie-in-the-sky 10 times the capacity predictions. I'm thinking a realistic 30% to 50% improvement. There are a number of signs we're close. Maybe even within 6 months. That would make production less than a year away. Or maybe ten.

The patent I've been working on requires me to do a lot of study of batteries and battery tech. So, I've been thinking. Maybe Tesla is very close to a battery breakthrough, there are hints all over the place, and they're simply waiting for that to happen before they decide on how to reconfigure the S and the X. Any possibility that might be correct? Note: I'm not talking one one of those pie-in-the-sky 10 times the capacity predictions. I'm thinking a realistic 30% to 50% improvement. There are a number of signs we're close. Maybe even within 6 months. That would make production less than a year away. Or maybe ten.
Yes, I believe Elon under the sheareholder meeting talked about a 30 or 40 percent improvement so maybe we will see some news in that area soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.