Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, you are right, trolling but only partially. Most of the major manufacturers are doing research on Graphene. It has the promise to be a game changer re battery technology, just not in the next year or so. I just have a little knowledge of some corporate intrigue involving this with Tesla though. ( know the principle)

Ha, you are right, trolling but only partially. Most of the major manufacturers are doing research on Graphene. It has the promise to be a game changer re battery technology, just not in the next year or so. I just have a little knowledge of some corporate intrigue involving this with Tesla though. ( know the principle)

Absolutely... Graphene supercaps could have some phenomenal energy density... if it's every workable. Mentally I have this in the "20 year bucket"

This post has been killing me. I've extended the lease on my P85D for 6 months waiting for an update that is clearly not happening. Now my options are 1) Just order a new Tesla knowing it might change shortly (6-12 months guess) after I get it or do a short term lease / swapalease on another car until the update happens.

I go back an forth. Hard to go back to a gas station, no carpool lane, no auto pilot car...

Any advice from the group?

This post has been killing me. I've extended the lease on my P85D for 6 months waiting for an update that is clearly not happening. Now my options are 1) Just order a new Tesla knowing it might change shortly (6-12 months guess) after I get it or do a short term lease / swapalease on another car until the update happens.

I go back an forth. Hard to go back to a gas station, no carpool lane, no auto pilot car...

I’m in an identical situation... including a lease extension. I ended up buying a Model 3 as a stopgap. Even the RWD is plenty fun to keep in the Tesla family. Most of the time, I enjoy driving it more. I put in an order for a Performance 3 instead of waiting for the Model S to refresh. If it does get a great refresh, I might get it, but otherwise I’ll be perfectly happy.

Reactions: MacGreiner

Just extend your lease 6 / 12 months or do a buy out and keep the car for the time being. Just sit on your hands till next year. Simple

I’m in an identical situation... including a lease extension. I ended up buying a Model 3 as a stopgap. Even the RWD is plenty fun to keep in the Tesla family. Most of the time, I enjoy driving it more. I put in an order for a Performance 3 instead of waiting for the Model S to refresh. If it does get a great refresh, I might get it, but otherwise I’ll be perfectly happy.

I’ve been thinking about this option as well. What have you noticed as far as road noise?

I drove my brothers model 3 and it seemed to have a lot more road noise than my S?

Thanks for any input.

I gave the legitimate answer to your question in this thread. It was not a joke.

2015 85D that I've been itching to upgrade since the AP2 announcement. I initially would have put money on the refresh happening last Fall/Winter, and then was positive it would have happened by this summer. Now that both of those have come and gone, my impatience has gotten the best of me and I've got a Model 3 Performance on order.

Reactions: MarkS22
2015 85D that I've been itching to upgrade since the AP2 announcement. I initially would have put money on the refresh happening last Fall/Winter, and then was positive it would have happened by this summer. Now that both of those have come and gone, my impatience has gotten the best of me and I've got a Model 3 Performance on order.
I anticipate a lot of people are going this route.

Reactions: bhzmark
Status
Not open for further replies.