Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ludicrous mode for free is a nice incentive, but I like the idea of the 370 range over the 345 range of the performance upgrade. We're really splitting hairs - the gap from 100DL to P100DLP (without the ludicrous mode) is very slim. I wonder if there are other perks with the new P.

That's my thought too. At first, getting ludicrous mode for "free" was an almost guarantee was upgrading, but seeing that it takes a 25 mile hit, that hurts. Back when ordering my 85D, I decided the extra $10-15k wasn't worth the performance edition and less range, and I haven't regretted it. With the thought of upgrading with yesterday's announcement, I again, feel like spending an extra $10k for ludicrous mode while sacrificing the 25 miles...just may not do it for me.

Throughout my 107,000 miles so far, I've only wished for a faster 0-60 a handful of times, but I've wanted more miles many of times.

Besides the Long Range version now at 3.7 seconds, that's already stupid fast comparatively speaking.

That's my thought too. At first, getting ludicrous mode for "free" was an almost guarantee was upgrading, but seeing that it takes a 25 mile hit, that hurts. Back when ordering my 85D, I decided the extra $10-15k wasn't worth the performance edition and less range, and I haven't regretted it. With the thought of upgrading with yesterday's announcement, I again, feel like spending an extra $10k for ludicrous mode while sacrificing the 25 miles...just may not do it for me.

Throughout my 107,000 miles so far, I've only wished for a faster 0-60 a handful of times, but I've wanted more miles many of times.

Besides the Long Range version now at 3.7 seconds, that's already stupid fast comparatively speaking.

It's probably way faster, Tesla sandbagged the previous 100d and rated it at 4.2, real world testing put it at 3.5ish so this new 3.7 is still good for 3.5 or its probably closer to 3.0

It's probably way faster, Tesla sandbagged the previous 100d and rated it at 4.2, real world testing put it at 3.5ish so this new 3.7 is still good for 3.5 or its probably closer to 3.0
3.7 is an accurate real-world average 0-60 result for the 100D (despite them labeling it 4.2, as you said). Maybe they increased performance, or maybe they just started labeling it accurately haha.

Do you have any references for the 100D doing the 0-60 ins 3.5s? The only testing I can find shows the 100D doing the 1/4 mile in the low 12s, which correlates to a 0-60 right around 4 seconds. Even car and driver clocked it at 3.9s and I feel like they generally have overly optimistic numbers.

And there is absolutely no way that their quoted 3.7s for the new model would do it in 3.0s. Tesla seems like they are not sandbagging their numbers anymore. They quote the P100DL at 2.4s and the M3P at 3.2s which seems about spot on to the real world numbers that most people are getting. And then there is comparing numbers with and without 1 foot rollout, but that’s a whole separate issue.

Do you have any references for the 100D doing the 0-60 ins 3.5s? The only testing I can find shows the 100D doing the 1/4 mile in the low 12s, which correlates to a 0-60 right around 4 seconds. Even car and driver clocked it at 3.9s and I feel like they generally have overly optimistic numbers.

And there is absolutely no way that their quoted 3.7s for the new model would do it in 3.0s. Tesla seems like they are not sandbagging their numbers anymore. They quote the P100DL at 2.4s and the M3P at 3.2s which seems about spot on to the real world numbers that most people are getting. And then there is comparing numbers with and without 1 foot rollout, but that’s a whole separate issue.

How fast is the updated Tesla Model S 100D from 0-60 MPH and what is Chill Mode? Sorry 3.6 (3.596)

Not at 3.5, but Drag Times did a video back in 2017 getting 3.7 out of a 100D. So with yesterday's news that all Model S's "power and torque increases significantly across all Model S and Model X variants, improving 0-60 mph times for our Long Range and Standard Range Models." I don't think its inconceivable that it could do better, but who knows.

*edit, LCR1 beat me to it.

Tesla also advertised 2.4 for the P100D before the upgrade and kept it at 2.4 today so no idea how or if any of the power updates apply to to the the p100d

4.1 100d
3.0 P100d
2.4 p100dl

Motortrend did 2.275 and a few other outlets have been in the 2.3s for the p100DL

One thing I think is interesting is how they laid off a bunch of the Model X and S lines before the reduction in sales came through. I could see Tesla killing the Falcon Wing Doors in the X (unfortunately) and I think they are going to try to use materials to differentiate the S and X. But I anticipate the Vertical screen is going away, as are the door handles, the car will get lighter, and get aero wheel options, I think the most interesting thing regarding the battery pack is going to be something that is like a precursor of what they are planning int he roadster, stacking two packs on top of each other. Expect 450 mile range in the S and 400 in the X. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn the car into a powerwall eventually if they can somehow. Expect new air suspension supplier, and continued refinements and massively different wiring and simplification of the vehicle. Expect doubling down on push button exit latches on the interior, and expect air conditioning vent change.
Maybe expect them to do something different, like unveil potential moonroof option as they surely are going to take advantage of the the weird patent they developed.
Expect a lot of people that upgrade to new version of model X and S experiencing buyers remorse as they idealize their old S and X... basically people AP1 versus AP2 all over again.... eventually it will probably be much more reliable and more bug resistant and yet. Everything will get tow hitches. Expect more fool proof cupholders rather than unfolding and high tech... I don't know how they make the car faster with the 2170 batteries but I'm sure they will figure something out. I'm going to guess some nutty bigger motors in the Performance versions.... Like whatever they are going to put in the roadster.

Expect it to be fairly righteous. In the mean time I need to find a Tesla Mechanic that I can kidnap and keep in the basement to fix my model X falcon wing doors in the year 2040 since I don't want to sell my Teslas. Upgrading is for quitters.
Dang, I'm clairvoyant sort of ....

A little more info and some clarification. There will be a super thin Landscape center screen, a small readout for speed and other functions in front of the driver and a similar readout in front of the passenger with a G meter. I guess they are making this symmetrical for switching over to British/ Japanese markets. New door cards with pockets, Trim that wraps from the dash to around the doors. New seats. this should tie in when the drivetrain refresh comes out in about two months. The active suspension will not be constant electro magnet ( eats up too much juice) but rather settings on the air suspension for sport, comfort etc. There will be new headlights and taillights but sitting in the same nacels. There will be active aero for the rear wing and on the front bumper. The new computer will be massively more powerful for the self driving functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.