Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I have heard form several self proclaimed experts that the S/X batteries can do 200 kW but I have seen no such evidence on 200kW @ V3 charger.

It is also right on the specs page for the Model S&X:

Model S 200 kW.png

That is not mentioned on the European site.

View attachment 546321

Also teslanomics tried a brand spanking new raven S in 2020 and got 155 kW on a V3 charger sooooo

FYI

I’ve seen around 190 kW at a 250 kW station. I have a 2020 model S, a long range plus. It only lasted a few minutes.

This car does charge faster than my 2017 model S 100D.

Who would even buy a Model S or X today? That stuff is old tech, old design. Tesla may as well discontinue those models if it isn't going to refresh them. Model S/X improvements are totally stagnant. The limited feature set and lower tech make the higher prices seem even that much more ridiculous.

I'd buy one; I am going to by a new one. It's still all new to me, especially in comparison to any other maker's vehicles. They are still improving, bit by bit. Why do they need to revamp the entire car if they're still selling nearly as well as when they didn't have the cannibalizing model 3? They sold maybe around ~14k model S in 2019, which for a 100k/near 100k vehicle is nothing to sniff at. A similarly priced BMW 750i xDrive, for a random sampling, sold only 6k in the states in 2018.

I'd buy one; I am going to by a new one. It's still all new to me, especially in comparison to any other maker's vehicles. They are still improving, bit by bit. Why do they need to revamp the entire car if they're still selling nearly as well as when they didn't have the cannibalizing model 3? They sold maybe around ~14k model S in 2019, which for a 100k/near 100k vehicle is nothing to sniff at. A similarly priced BMW 750i xDrive, for a random sampling, sold only 6k in the states in 2018.

They need to stop this trickle down, where new tech is put in the cheaper cars and doesnt come to the S and X for 2 years.

Dont get me started on the poor everything in the car. Even a 70's car squirts water with a better coverage on the windshield than MS, but there are no other alternatives to this car that has better drive or performance at a similar price point. Just for that I will be driving it for a long time....

Who would even buy a Model S or X today? That stuff is old tech, old design. Tesla may as well discontinue those models if it isn't going to refresh them. Model S/X improvements are totally stagnant. The limited feature set and lower tech make the higher prices seem even that much more ridiculous.

Reactions: alloverx
Tesla may as well discontinue those models if it isn't going to refresh them. Model S/X improvements are totally stagnant.

Really?
  • Same cell formulation as 3/Y
  • Same motor technology as 3/Y
  • Same MCU technology as 3/Y
  • Same FSD computer as 3/Y
What is so far behind? (Besides the heat pump, that just came out, in the Y; which I think it makes sense to get the teething problems dealt with in your lower end cars before putting it in the flagship vehicle.)

Well, me!

I just bought my second one. Best car in the world!

Well, I've got an early 2014 S, so no dual motor, no AP, no sentry mode, 1st gen seats, etc. I'll probably upgrade to another S before the end of 2021 because it'll be a massive improvement over my current vehicle (which I still love, don't get me wrong). The S has a very nice combination of rear cargo capacity, range, and I like the integrated MCU better. I suspect that in the coming years we'll be doing a lot more driving instead of flying, and the S is one hell of a comfortable touring vehicle.

Old tech?! Have you compared it to other vehicles in that class?

Really?
  • Same cell formulation as 3/Y
  • Same motor technology as 3/Y
  • Same MCU technology as 3/Y
  • Same FSD computer as 3/Y
What is so far behind? (Besides the heat pump, that just came out, in the Y; which I think it makes sense to get the teething problems dealt with in your lower end cars before putting it in the flagship vehicle.)

Battery and cooling tech. As mentioned it can only do maximum 200 kW on S/X vs 250 on model 3. Today's S overheats and has no track mode

Also the Taycan has a much better curve where it leaks at 275 kW and tapers off much later.

So what I hope is that with upcoming battery day that they smash the Taycan battery performance in terms of charging and brings a new cooling solution for S and X.

Status
Not open for further replies.