Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla needs now to announce the World's First 'Quad-motor EV' ...

That would require a time machine. Mercedes already sold their gull wing SL “e-Cell” with separate motor for each wheel many years ago. Rimac has done the same for their first car. Also, Rivian probably will get their quad motor pickup in production next year.

Personally, I think three motors will be sufficient for my “needs.”

GSP

Reactions: BlindPass
You put a deposit in a concept car, something other manufacturers don't do. Vaporware sales (not just deposits) is Elon's specialty.

It's only vaporware if it never becomes available .. Tesla has released everything they've taken deposits for or even announced for that matter ..

Wouldn't call it a concept, but an engineering prototype.

It's only vaporware if it never becomes available .. Tesla has released everything they've taken deposits for or even announced for that matter ..

Wouldn't call it a concept, but an engineering prototype.
Ha! Um, you're new here so I'll give you a pass. But the list of things we were promised for the Model S almost 10 years ago that have never appeared is long and distinguished. When was FSD first offered? Everyone is still waiting on that (and will be for another 10 years). You might also want to check w/ those companies that placed deposits on Tesla semi trucks.....

It's only vaporware if it never becomes available ..
Nope, it's vaporware if doesn't exist when the sale is made, and stays vaporware unless delivered.
Tesla has released everything they've taken deposits for or even announced for that matter.
You must be new to Tesla, welcome. Go talk with people who paid thousands of dollars for Full Self Driving in 2016 which was suppose to drive their kids to school and be able to be summoned from New York to L.A. There are many more examples, want to see my "691hp" P85D which is supposed to "find me anywhere on private property"? Spoiler - Tesla fessed up couple of years later that it only makes 463hp and summon only drives in a straight line up to so many feet while I hold a dead-man switch. If you really think that car will ever produce the advertised horsepower and really summon find me anywhere on private property, I have some bridges to sell you. ;)

So you are saying that the Cybertruck is not going to be produced?
Not the one you saw on the stage which Elon demonstrated how to break glass on. He also already commented since then they had to change dimensions and geometry of the cybertruck. What people put deposits on was a dream - maybe a place in line but only within your geographical area (as proven by Model 3 reservation holders in the past). What Audi showed off was a production version of the car, going to production right now, completely different than cybertruck concept.

Not the one you saw on the stage which Elon demonstrated how to break glass on. He also already commented since then they had to change dimensions and geometry of the cybertruck. What people put deposits on was a dream - maybe a place in line but only within your geographical area (as proven by Model 3 reservation holders in the past). What Audi showed off was a production version of the car, going to production right now, completely different than cybertruck concept.
I agree with your general point.
If we’re comfortable championing the Roadster 2.0, CyberTruck, and Plaid without doubt, and as Tesla products or achievements, the Lucid Air and Audi E-Tron Tri-motor are even more real.

Then there’s the host of functions and options sold by Musk (in the colloquial sense) that have not occurred over the ownership of thousands of Tesla’s. AP/FSD being the most prominent. Yes, there’s fine print and “clarifications”, but it’s vaporware to non-pedants.

That said, if they make a top EV that I can afford, I’ll buy it. I just won’t trust them to uphold their end of warranties or for the car to do more than what it can in my test drive.

That said, if they make a top EV that I can afford, I’ll buy it. I just won’t trust them to uphold their end of warranties or for the car to do more than what it can in my test drive.
Ah, so here is a key question - how much money will you set aside for fixing the issues clarified to be not covered by warranty, and to rent cars while yours is "in the SC parking queue"? You have to add amount that to the price of the car.

Ah, so here is a key question - how much money will you set aside for fixing the issues clarified to be not covered by warranty, and to rent cars while yours is "in the SC parking queue"? You have to add amount that to the price of the car.
In the annual cost of ownership calculation, my assumed residual value is low. That covers maintenance costs and depreciation. I’m not getting a Honda or Toyota in which it’s likely I’ll put nothing into the car over 10 years. It’s not even likely I’ll want it that long. Btw, look at the low residual value in Tesla’s leases. Sure, there’s profit margin built in, but they’re suggesting high cost of yearly ownership.

I don’t factor in rental cost, as we have extra vehicles. I wouldn’t recommend a $50k+ car to a single car household that’s dependent on cars, let alone a Tesla. But I do recommend Tesla to those with a reliable other option, whether that be another car or public transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.