Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chrome delete cheapens the car.

It does make the car cheaper to build. As far as making the car look cheap, many people spend a lot of money to black out the chrome on their cars. It's an aesthetic some people like, some don't, and some don't really care one way or the other.

When chrome was introduced on cars it was a luxury item, but it's now so easy to do, it really doesn't add much to a car these days. The cheap entry level cars don't tend to have any chrome trim, but many middle of the market cars have it. Or have had it in the last 10-20 years. Fewer cars have chrome now.

I am keen for a Plaid, but leave the chrome off. It isn't pretty, and it can add terrible glare when the sun angle is right (wrong), reflecting off the driver's mirror pedestal

Picked up a 12/20 build MS LR+ which had the interior chrome greyed out and higher res IC and center screen,
The bin on the center console seems to be more securely fixed as I have not been able to access the 'OBD' CAN port to run
scan my Tesla.
The cooling system may have been redone as I don't hear the burping gurgling noises from the front.
The drone takeoffs at Superchargers will be tested soon.
The squeaky dash is did not come on this MS.

The Mulroony sticker indicates that a 'base level" build may be available at $64,990 while the (+) level package for $4,430 adds
premium stereo, winter package 5 heated seats, heated steering wheel, and fake leather seating surfaces and 'alcantara like' material on the inside of the pillars wireless phone charging.

More information from Electrek... Tesla Model S prototype with refresh design spotted in the wild - Electrek

Tesla-Model-S-refresh-design-The-Killowatts.jpg

Some guy on youtube was driving around with his Model 3 and captured video of this supposed Model S "refresh".......if this is the refresh then that'll be interesting, its almost exactly like the current Model S....besides the wheels, dont see much of a change......he also referenced that it could have been the Plaid edition.........again, very hard to make out what changes in terms of refresh based on this pic. The article says "wider body"......Im not sure there is anything here on this car that denotes a refresh.

Some guy on youtube was driving around with his Model 3 and captured video of this supposed Model S "refresh".......if this is the refresh then that'll be interesting, its almost exactly like the current Model S....besides the wheels, dont see much of a change......he also referenced that it could have been the Plaid edition.........again, very hard to make out what changes in terms of refresh based on this pic. The article says "wider body"......Im not sure there is anything here on this car that denotes a refresh.

The article(s) have been debated here for a week already, with no end in sight ("imminent") :D I'm waiting for more photos and first deliveries after shutdown, not all can go for a long ride to Europe.

Today I got a call from a sales advisor at Tesla today who asked me if I would like to take an 'inventory' S Model that was similar to the one I ordered last week. I explained that I'd prefer to wait for a new production "renewed" model S once the production line was humming again. She replied that she knew there were a lot of rumors based on the pause in the production of MS, but she said that was just a matter of reassigning personnel to the M3 and MY to meet production goals. I hope she isn't right!

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Today I got a call from a sales advisor at Tesla today who asked me if I would like to take an 'inventory' S Model that was similar to the one I ordered last week. I explained that I'd prefer to wait for a new production "renewed" model S once the production line was humming again. She replied that she knew there were a lot of rumors based on the pause in the production of MS, but she said that was just a matter of reassigning personnel to the M3 and MY to meet production goals. I hope she isn't right!

DA and SA are often kept in the dark and the last to know the latest news and info.

The def did shut down the MS MX lines.

You don't want last year's car. Suggest wait a bit for a car that was not built during a year end rush to meet deliveries in the "Game of Pennies"

Reactions: SnowFlyer

I know that Tesla allowed employees on the s&x line to take the time off unpaid, or they could be reassigned, or they could volunteer their time! so, not just to redirect people to the other lines. Besides, it would take too much training to do that for such a short time.

You don't want last year's car. Suggest wait a bit for a car that was not built during a year end rush to meet deliveries in the "Game of Pennies"

You are right... I don't want last year's car and I'm not sure I want a "pre refresh" MS from this year either. Hopefully I'll know what is coming off the line well before my car is ready and I might decide to not take delivery if it is not a refreshed design. As I understand the purchase process, my total liability is the $100 order fee if I chose to decline.

Reactions: reddy
Status
Not open for further replies.