Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having any vehicles coming out of the plant by now increases the probability that this is actually a refresh.

A simple line maintenance would not have involved 2 weeks off, and then several days of little or no production with a full staff on hand.

A maintenance pause would have ramped production up quickly to satisfy the unmet demand for the last 3 weeks.
Do you know the plant isn’t building any cars right now?

Anyone else noticed the coincidence that the mm wave radar requires new B pillar (”redesign”?) and its confidentiality with the FCC expires July?

From electrek:
Tesla applied for confidentiality for the new device, and therefore, we won’t have more information and pictures until the confidentiality agreement is up in July 2021.

My MS order was placed just before Christmas, and the Advisors from the Snottsdale store contacted me three times about inventory cars.

I declined all of those offers and stated I wanted new production. No contacts since then, I'll keep watching my email.

Checking this morning, my quoted delivery window is February 15 to March 15.

I can be patient ;-)

Interesting speculation... I'm not sure that I agree with the conclusion regarding the new skateboard design.

"As noted by the Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley group on Twitter, the Tesla Stanford showroom now only features the Model 3 and the Model Y as its display units. Other EV owners and enthusiasts later noted that Tesla showrooms such as the Century City site no longer have Model S and Model X displays either. Test drives for the Model S and Model X are reportedly unavailable for now as well.

What is rather interesting is that the Tesla Model S skateboard that has long been a staple of some showrooms have reportedly been pulled out. This has fueled speculations among members of the electric vehicle community that Tesla may be preparing to roll out an updated skateboard design for the two flagship vehicles, perhaps one that features some changes on the battery pack."

Status
Not open for further replies.