Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching more of the video where you can see more of the hood, that black car is a Model 3. The back strip that appears silver is more of the light reflecting, and is not a silver strip like the S has. At least to my untrained eye.

From the rear trunk you can see it is Y shape not 3. Furthermore, all Teslas now have chrome delete as default. I propose above that the front of new S/X will be same as in 3/Y.

Just wanted to comment on a post by David29 *not sure how to copy that that and the poster details but anyway
———

Oh, and keys. I'd hate to lose my fob -- it has not failed me, and I am wary of relying on my phone as the key.

——-
Lack of phone key was one of the top reasons we didnt rush to get the S -= and ended up with a Y -

Phone key is very reliable and a strength of the 3/Y - they really need to bring that to S/X

Reactions: bhzmark
Spy shots have arrived of the refreshed S in testing at Fremont:

Tesla Model S “Refresh” spied track testing

tesla-model-s-refresh-plaid-spy-photo-track.jpg

tesla-model-s-refresh-track-testing.jpg

tesla-model-s-plaid-refresh-track-testing-spy-shot-e1611508006142.jpg

No sight of a center screen

Even if the test car was a fully refreshed one I doubt they would mount the screen that high. For it to be seen from the front it would have to be as high as the top of the steering wheel. If it is mounted at the same hight compared to the steering column as in the 3 it wouldn't stick over the dash in the S. And I really doubt they would rebuild the car enough to be able to lower the dash that much.

That said I doubt this is the actual car being tested.

Quarterly earnings is when I would expect the news if any

I was hoping this might have a positive impact on the stock, but it could be a wash...unless they basically declare "we are in production with our new battery that will further reduce our costs significantly and are launching it today in the Model S and X with ranges of xxx and yyy respectively which puts us well ahead of our competition"...that might be nice. Come to think of it, that might be exactly what this refresh is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.