Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expecting much other than a new interior and new head and taillights. Are the S/X sales worth the Capex for new presses and tooling? I think not. Odd that the Tesla car with the latest batteries tech and chassis development will be the new Model Y built at the new factories .

Pretty sure the S (and maybe X) will also see the new chassis architecture with 4680 cells and single-piece aluminum cast front/rear-ends. At the very least with the S Plaid, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t switch the whole line to the new chassis.

Reactions: 5JMJ
Pretty sure the S (and maybe X) will also see the new chassis architecture with 4680 cells and single-piece aluminum cast front/rear-ends. At the very least with the S Plaid, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t switch the whole line to the new chassis.

That wouldn't seem very efficient use of efforts, to have different chassis for nearly the same car, doesn't seem to fit Tesla's design philosophy.

Reactions: byeLT4
Of all things . . .

What the hell are people so antsy about being able to store in their doors? I know this is a common request but I don't get the fervor over it. Don't think I've ever felt like I was missing door storage in my S.

Door pockets inevitably get filled with junk.

I had an Audi with pretty sweet under seat storage. That was very useful.

Reactions: irish26 and sw1008
Of all things . . .

What the hell are people so antsy about being able to store in their doors? I know this is a common request but I don't get the fervor over it. Don't think I've ever felt like I was missing door storage in my S.

I use my Model 3’s door pocket every time I drive it to hold a water bottle or tea mug. I also use the cup holders in front of the armrest if I have more than one drink on longer drives, but I prefer the door pocket as it’s more out of the way.

Speak for yourself. I’m generally not in favor of expensive electronic gimmicks replacing simple, maintenance-free analog technology for little to no benefit.

Little to no benefit? Better efficiency, reduced wind noise, modern looks and most importantly no dead spots. If done right cameras instead of mirrors are better on all points, Teslas have 4 year warranties as well so you don'thave to worry about costs by being the first owner.

I
Little to no benefit? Better efficiency, reduced wind noise, modern looks and most importantly no dead spots. If done right cameras instead of mirrors are better on all points, Teslas have 4 year warranties as well so you don'thave to worry about costs by being the first owner.

Could tell you stories about my most recent warranty claim, or rather claim attempts, but I digress.

The lack of news is getting many folks antsy. But only 15 hrs to go!

Granted my car is only a S75D, but Im not so sure even the lr+ would had made it without that extra drive and charge. and there is plenty of places way more remote where I am not able to even travel right now.

One does not complain about the range of smaller batteries - you chose that car now live with it.
If the range is not enough, buy a bigger battery.
If the big battery is still not enough, yeah, you have a basis for not being happy and will have to buy a bigger one when it coms.

• Disagree
Reactions: AdamMacDon and 5JMJ
One does not complain about the range of smaller batteries - you chose that car now live with it.
If the range is not enough, buy a bigger battery.
If the big battery is still not enough, yeah, you have a basis for not being happy and will have to buy a bigger one when it coms.

Clearly you did not even read my post before responding.
I did not complain, I simply stated some facts. Even with the LR+ the range is just not enough for a whole bunch of places and usages.
There is no Tesla currently available that can travel 150kms in the winter, park for a week then travel another 150kms, and there are places far more remote than that. I have, for example, another cabin that is 200kms for the closest charger and I need to stay there a week during the fall.

No Tesla is even close to having 400kms of range in -10c, with a weeks stay in the middle.

And no tesla can travel too the moon and back... your point?
The car either suits you or it does not, you can buy a better one or you cannot.
You chose S75 and preach how even S100 would not be enough for you. I smell sour grapes ...
No car ever will have enough range for everyone, no matter the numbers.

What are you on about? Why are you so hostile?
Someone said that even 200 miles of range is more than enough for anything so Teslas dont need any more range and im simply saying that is not true. No current Tesla has enough range to cover my personal needs.
I love my Tesla but I wont hide its very obvious downsides. I used to have a prius and I there wasnt a single place where I couldnt go because it had the range and gas stations are everywere.

Im not sour or anything, Just give me something like 1000km range and that should cover most of what I need, ill gladly pay whatever the price, you can make the MS cost 120k or something, no problem as long as it lets me go anywere and not have to rent gas cars to go remote places

Status
Not open for further replies.