Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you on about? Why are you so hostile?
Someone said that even 200 miles of range is more than enough for anything so Teslas dont need any more range and im simply saying that is not true. No current Tesla has enough range to cover my personal needs.
I love my Tesla but I wont hide its very obvious downsides. I used to have a prius and I there wasnt a single place where I couldnt go because it had the range and gas stations are everywere.

Im not sour or anything, Just give me something like 1000km range and that should cover most of what I need, ill gladly pay whatever the price, you can make the MS cost 120k or something, no problem as long as it lets me go anywere and not have to rent gas cars to go remote places

You need to honestly consider bringing power generation with you. You are going to get stranded one day. You need more range and more charging stations on your route.

Lol, yeah its considered it tbh, but I just dont think I could handle the looks and comments I would get from EV haters out there (Plenty of those among the hunter community).

Maybe take the opportunity to listen to their issues/concerns and then offer some well-intended counterpoints/alternative perspective. There is a lot of disinformation in the world however using that which you have in common (hunting) as an ice-breaker for a more substantive conversation about EVs might prove interesting/productive for all.

Would someone have the spare time to parse through the past pages and summarize (with subtitles) all the combined wishes and expectations so far? So we can check the checkboxes later today ...

Yes, for sure:-

We would like a new screen like the 3 and Y, but not a horizontal screen.

We would like extra range with new batteries but not the 4680 as this would be too expensive a change for such a low volume car.

We would like a more modern sporty look but keep the same shape as the original design which is a classic design that will never age.

We would like a more luxurious interior to reflect the high-end price of the car, but would prefer Tesla to concentrate on tech rather than gimmicks like vibrating massage seats.

We would like cameras instead of wing mirrors, but acknowledge that this would make it illegal to drive in many markets.

We would like something new, better, faster, sleeker with greater range, and a lower cost.

Oh, and also get rid of the chrome.

We would like extra range with new batteries but not the 4680 as this would be too expensive a change for such a low volume car.
We would like something new, better, faster, sleeker with greater range, and a lower cost.
You've more or less nailed it I think. Tesla has learned a lot since the chassis of the Model S was conceived 10-odd years ago. It probably kills them to make it more or less the same today now that they have all kinds of new tricks that save labour, materials, and hassle. The path to a cheaper but better car is through a transformed chassis, made obvious with a switch to the 4680 cells in the process. Model S sales lag because value wise they are not compelling enough. This could really fix that problem.

Reactions: 5JMJ and derichio02
Yes, for sure:-

We would like a new screen like the 3 and Y, but not a horizontal screen.

We would like a more modern sporty look but keep the same shape as the original design which is a classic design that will never age.

We would like a more luxurious interior to reflect the high-end price of the car, but would prefer Tesla to concentrate on tech rather than gimmicks like vibrating massage seats.

We would like cameras instead of wing mirrors, but acknowledge that this would make it illegal to drive in many markets.

Oh, and also get rid of the chrome.

Who are we? I disagree with most of those points

Things I want:

1000km «range»
Better headlights
Better backup camera/nightvision
Ccs port for europe
Better turn radius
Heated seats(that actually heat)
Model 3 air vents
Automatic camera cleaners
Rain sensor
Double pan glass
Better sound insulation
Heat pump
220volt outlet in the back
Chrome delete
Some exterior change to make it look new
Higher quality on everything
Trailer hitch option(is that the word for it?)
Better armrest on center console
Screen that flips
2nd gear

Reactions: Baldrik79
Things I want:

1000km «range»
Better headlights
Better backup camera/nightvision
Ccs port for europe
Better turn radius
Heated seats(that actually heat)
Model 3 air vents
Automatic camera cleaners
Rain sensor
Double pan glass
Better sound insulation
Heat pump
220volt outlet in the back
Chrome delete
Some exterior change to make it look new
Higher quality on everything
Trailer hitch option(is that the word for it?)
Better armrest on center console
Screen that flips
2nd gear

That's quite a list, hope you won't be too disappointed...

Surprised you didn't add leather and a sunroof option...

Dont need all in one refresh ;) But would be nice if these things came eventually.

I live in Norway, no need a sunroof, the sun is a myth here.
Leather sucks, cold in the winter and sweaty in the summer and after some years it looks like an old person.

I resemble that remark, I think they call those character lines.

I forgot about leather in winter. I guess you can't turn on seat heaters with the app? I never tried. A cold day here is 5C...

Status
Not open for further replies.