Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I see this on the Tesla site

"With the longest range and quickest acceleration of any electric vehicle in production, Model S is the highest performing sedan ever built. Both Plaid and Long Range powertrains, with updated battery architecture, are capable of back-to-back, consistent 1/4 mile runs."

If they aren't changing batteries what is this new battery architecture? The could have at least went with 2170L...

Seems it was answered on the next scroll:

"Long Range and Plaid platforms unite powertrain and battery technologies for unrivaled performance, range and efficiency. New module and pack thermal architecture allows faster charging and gives you more power and endurance in all conditions."

Hope this means launch control for LR Models lol

I put down $100 on X a few days ago, but tesla just call me and told me that they can't honor the old price and they are going change my order which will be $8k more expensive ($2k less than $10k increase). Anybody experiencing the same?

I won't be taking the car for $8K more for sure. The "upgrade" seems nice but not worth the $8K.

I definitely wouldn't pay more for a bleeding edge refresh which was built around cutting costs anyways, hell-no.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
I listened to it — he said the new one is $10k more but mentioned nothing about honoring the old price for existing reservation holders.

I bet they did this just to avoid whining from people who missed out on the refresh - expect quick price reduction going forward as people forget about it (3 months?). Can't wait what that does to the resale value of the first batch.

Reactions: Jarvisd1015
I can confirm that I got an email from my advisor.

They also said that they would "Honor the FSD Price" which suggests they will increase it.

Thanks for posting the screen shot... $2K seems like a fair discount to me. :cool:

img_0869-jpg.631389

Last edited:
Thanks for posting... seems like a fair discount to me. :cool:

img_0869-jpg.631389

so how bout this for a question....

if I transition from my ordered Model S performance to the Plaid, I get $2k off....BUT!

What if i transition from Model S Performance order to the Long Range version. I am still transitioning to "new updated configuration"....but am technically downgrading a little? I'd still like to have that $2k off.

Status
Not open for further replies.