TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Range Per Charge Estimator on Tesla Website, where to find it?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Brad_NC, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

I did look, but could not find a post about this, if this is addressed elsewhere, please point me there, thank you (in advance).

Tesla used to make a range calculator pretty easy to come by. I can no longer find it. Can anyone help me locate this range estimator? Screen-Shot-2015-11-06-at-5.59.50-AM.png

2. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Looks like they may have removed it. It was on the main Model S page towards the bottom under "range per charge". Not there anymore and I can't find it either.

3. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

I know they still have it as an interactive in the stores. I think it's one of the absolute best ways to tell the story about EVs, range, and contributing factors.

4. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

The Model S with a blazing top speed of 70 mph has been missing for quite a while now.

5. nderoche

nderoche New Member

Hello Brad,

I found on tesla website all the data used by this range calculator that is no longer available.
    And for fun, I put all these data on a new website that allows you to compare two models. I does replace the range calculator :)

The data contains more info that what the range calculator did show: you can see ranges driving with higher speeds, with lights on and/or windows open.
    For 90 models I've just made the following : assumption '90 = 85+6%'

Everything is there :http://teslamotors.free.fr
    Remarks, comments are welcome.

Enjoy !

6. racerx43

racerx43 Member

Nicely done !!!

7. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Any way to change the units to those that us odd-ball Americans use? :) Great page - no doubt. Thanks for sharing.

I found the dropdown to change units! Sorry!

8. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

This...
    Is...
    Excellent!!!

(Please add the Model 3 data when it comes out!)

9. nderoche

nderoche New Member

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated !

Today Teslamotors has re-introduced the simulator at Model S | Tesla Motors, and they put real numbers for 90 models. Rather than making educated guesses (90=85+6%) I took their numbers and updated my page that still displays more values for speeds higher than 70mph and with lights on/off windows up/down.

http://teslamotors.free.fr

I looked for TeslaX and Tesla3 data, but there is nothing .... yet ;)

Enjoy !