Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL S RAVEN Long Range - Electronical/High Frequency noize at constant speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, I'm Emilien a 33yo from Le mans in France (where there is the 24hours Racetrack) and I just joined your community, and happy to be part of it!
Following a conversation on a topic with a similar issue on Tesla 3 (High pitched noise from drive unit) forum, here is my story.

Bought a used Tesla past month and I experience an electrical sound coming from the front my S 2019 Raven from 49mph (80km/h in France) to 128km/h (79mph).
That's really painful and my wife and I are anoyed by this. There is no noise when i accelerate or decelerate, only when I'm driving at a constant speed between 80:130 there is this really aggressive electrical noise. I hear it at the driver seat and my wife at the back of the car (with our baby) hear it clearly too.
She says it comes from the front too but will try to lower back seats and drive like that to test.
The "noise" is comparable to that: Extended High Frequency Online Hearing Test | 8-22 kHz and increase with the speed but apparently stop after 130km/h. I heard it even with fan ON/OFF and with music or not.

Tires are brand new Dunlop winter. The sound does not change depending on the road or weather
I'm really stressed that my MS never be quiet and it will be difficul to cope with that noise. It drives me crazy.

Thank you for the time spent reading this, looking forward to discuss with you guys ;).

Attachments

• 25ec2ce3-913d-493e-967d-284be89936b8.JPG
    25ec2ce3-913d-493e-967d-284be89936b8.JPG
    474.9 KB · Views: 136
does tighten the ground work for you?
Hi, it doesn't worked.
I had an appointment to the service center and they said: that's a normal noise ...
I need to change my "gimbal" in 5000km under warrantly maybe it will be even if this noise doesnt seems related to.

Still really enjoy the car and drive faster to hit 130, the noise desapears ;). If i have find something else, i will bring it to your attention.

Cheers

Reactions: jacie6056
Hi, it doesn't worked.
I had an appointment to the service center and they said: that's a normal noise ...
I need to change my "gimbal" in 5000km under warrantly maybe it will be even if this noise doesnt seems related to.

Still really enjoy the car and drive faster to hit 130, the noise desapears ;). If i have find something else, i will bring it to your attention.

Cheers

Reactions: Mil72-Frenchy