Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Rear Cup Holder and USB Charger retrofit parts - $350 plus S&H

Ron Burgundy

Jan 31, 2020
Seattle
I have the rear cup holder, USB charger ports console, and frame to retro fit your Tesla Model S or Model X.
This includes the USB hub and WiFi module.
I purchased this for my 2012 Gen 1 Model S Signature (very early mfg date), and my HVAC plenum is a different style and would not work.

Looking for $350 (what I paid) as these are hard to come by, but will listen to offers.
Buyer to confirm their own applicability.
More pics are available - I could only get 2 to upload.

The following links are for reference to applicability and installation purposes:
How to disassemble: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0196/5170/files/PARZ_instructions_final.pdf
Tesla install instructions: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10081841-5448.pdf
A 2015 owners experience: Integrated Center Console Install
Model S options by year: Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

Attachments

• Tesla1.jpg
    Tesla1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Tesla8.jpg
    Tesla8.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: ICE collector

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
Will this fit all center consoles or only specific years? I know that newer cars have a slightly different version of center console where the insert is built into the outer frame but I think maybe the rear panel is still the same?

Last edited:

Deanm0000

Sep 26, 2019
St Petersburg
Will this fit all center consoles or only specific years? I know that newer cars have a slightly different version of center console where the insert is built into the outer frame but I think maybe the rear panel is still the same?

The Tesla SB says "Affected Model S vehicles built before approximately April 11, 2016"

To the OP, what is the wifi module's purpose/function?

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
The Tesla SB says "Affected Model S vehicles built before approximately April 11, 2016"

Based on that it sounds like no dice for the refresh model cars then. That's what I was thinking but I was hoping maybe I was mistaken as I'd love rear cup holders and USB ports.

Ron Burgundy

Jan 31, 2020
Seattle

Sorry folks, I have been away for a bit.
Th WiFi model/hub:
To the best of my knowledge, the WiFi aspect was some kind of "future-proofing" that Tesla never acted on. Basically a WiFi zone in the car like other Mfgrs have.
The hub part is for the power distribution to all 4 usb ports, 2 in back, 2 in front

AZP85

Jun 17, 2019
Newmarket, ON
The Tesla install instructions say its for a 2012 - 2016 (assuming pre-refresh) but I think this is for a time when Tesla might have been offering the upgraded center console with out the rear cup holders.

treowx

Feb 22, 2020
Katy Texas
I would say the instructions are for a retrofit. These parts look to be pulled from a Newer car so in theory should fit all Tesla Model S. Instructions are just specific to the retrofit since the 2012-2016 did not come with the rear cupholder as an option.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Jan 31, 2020
Seattle
Still a bit of a newbie here and how to use the functions.
So I am not sure if I can cancel this For Sale post?
With the help of another member, we are both trading knowledge and strategies to retrofit the factory of newer MS USB/Cupholders into our older MSs.

So I am not selling this - as I have a new approach and parts (from Tesla no less, & at only $2.00) to perform the installation.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
Still a bit of a newbie here and how to use the functions.
So I am not sure if I can cancel this For Sale post?
With the help of another member, we are both trading knowledge and strategies to retrofit the factory of newer MS USB/Cupholders into our older MSs.

So I am not selling this - as I have a new approach and parts (from Tesla no less, & at only $2.00) to perform the installation.
Perhaps click "report" and see if a mod will mark it sold for you since they don't let us edit our own marketplace posts for some useless reason.

Also, make sure you create a new thread in the Tesla Model S Interior subforum of your experience if you get it worked out. I'm interested in doing this mod but want a clear pathway to complete it before I take it on. I've got enough on my plate right now with other things that I'm not trying to pioneer new modifications.

Ron Burgundy

Jan 31, 2020
Seattle
I gave it a go.

REPORT - this is just an open text field, and then you hit the button to "report".
So I wrote: "Sold - take off the market, please archive."

I guess the moderator will let me know how I screwed up!

Thanks for you idea.

Reactions: Ostrichsak

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC