Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Rear Folding Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I need to add 3rd row rear facing seats on my 2016 Model S. I have seen one video but still need to get some idea how to proceed,

Anyone here selling selling rear facing or where to get it for good price. Any help will be appreciated - thanks.

Hi, I need to add 3rd row rear facing seats on my 2016 Model S. I have seen one video but still need to get some idea how to proceed,

Anyone here selling selling rear facing or where to get it for good price. Any help will be appreciated - thanks.
If I'm not mistaken, 3rd row was only available if ordered from the factory and could not be retrofitted. Unless your S had it from the factory, you cannot add on unless it did and was sold by the original owner. So if your S was not configured for 3 seats from the factory, you can't put one in and neither should you since the factory also added extra reinforcement in the rear bumper to keep the rear occupants that much safer.

You can actually find the Tesla service bulletin that gives the installation instruction. They can be added afterwards, including adding the additional structural member, except for a small range of VINs.

Here's link to where you can find the installation information.

I cannot help you with how or where to find the necessary parts.

• Helpful
Reactions: Takumi and outdoors
You can actually find the Tesla service bulletin that gives the installation instruction. They can be added afterwards, including adding the additional structural member, except for a small range of VINs.

Here's link to where you can find the installation information.

I cannot help you with how or where to find the necessary parts.
And this is why we decided on the 7-seat Y.

If I'm not mistaken, 3rd row was only available if ordered from the factory and could not be retrofitted. Unless your S had it from the factory, you cannot add on unless it did and was sold by the original owner. So if your S was not configured for 3 seats from the factory, you can't put one in and neither should you since the factory also added extra reinforcement in the rear bumper to keep the rear occupants that much safer.
My Telsa has all the mounts and bolts options available but hidden, just need to get a 3rd row seat to be sold by a user. I have seen people selling here and talking about some bumper updates that needs to be done. So wanted to check with members here who might have already did it and maybe someone wants to sell it as well.

This is untrue. Tesla retrofit them for many years and the instructions and part list was posted online.

My Telsa has all the mounts and bolts options available but hidden, just need to get a 3rd row seat to be sold by a user. I have seen people selling here and talking about some bumper updates that needs to be done. So wanted to check with members here who might have already did it and maybe someone wants to sell it as well.

The thread got a little sidetracked because they used two very similar (but different) torx-like fasteners. The bulk of the material is very helpful.

The main challenge is to find the extra rear bumper reinforcement beam that fits underneath the normal bumper and bumper cover. They do show up on eBay. I was able to get one from an authorized body shop.

Reactions: commonman