TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Rear Liftgate Sunshade

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by ktr_, Mar 28, 2018.

1. ktr_

ktr_ Member

Title says it all.

2. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Since title says it all, here's the link to buy one from Tesla: Tesla | Model S

• Funny x 2
  3. ktr_

ktr_ Member

Sorry I wasn't explicit enough for you. I would like to buy a sunshade for less money than Tesla sells it retail via their website (or service center). I would also like it to be in good enough condition to still function as a sun shade. I would also like to either pick it up myself if located near my location in Sacramento, CA, or be shipped to my house in the same location.

4. Amit519

Amit519 Roadster dreams!!

@ktr_
    Just my 2 cents: I had my glass roof tinted too when I got all windows tinted for ~$500. Mike Justis in Sac did the tint job and Xpel wrap on my 2 MS. PM me if this is something you think you would want and I can send you his contact info. I know you are trying to save $ by looking on TMC for anyone selling theirs, but the beauty of the glass roof is taken away when covered with the the sunshade.

5. ktr_

ktr_ Member

The believe my hatch glass is already tinted. For everyday use it is fine, but I'd like to try the sunshade for the benefit of my third-row passengers.

6. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

The question isn't about pano roof or glass roof sunshades. It's about the rear liftgate sunshade for Model S.

For what it's worth, I think the rear liftgate sunshade is useful and I leave mine in all the time. It does make a difference in keeping temperatures down in the 3rd row area. An added benefit is that it reduces headlight glare at night.

• Like x 1
  7. Amit519

Amit519 Roadster dreams!!

Thanks @thecloud
    Tinted the rear liftgate 20% and haven't looked back after that, no pun intended.:D

• Funny x 1