Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL S REAR REFRESH FEB 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KOL2000

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2013
San Diego
Now that its confirmed wonder if retrofit will ever be possible...

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 12.06.59 PM.png

From the previous thread.

Thought they were ditching the bar
Tesla-Model-S-2022-update-hero.jpg

Guess I'll just wait some more until it's official official and on the order page.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one looking at the comparisons and going...."so what"?

They look similar, I don't see what the big fuss is about. The taillights in my 2017 S work the same as my wife's 2021 Y and I don't think I have thought about it more than this 1 minute of reviewing this thread.

Why is this such a big deal?
I don’t even notice what’s different 😂

Reactions: Tian and brico84
Why is this such a big deal?
Because the new head lights will also probably roll out with this refresh and those should be pretty awesome (if the friggen NHTSA would friggen approve them being active)

Also, for someone like me who's on the fence on getting a Refresh S, I'm not gonna wanna drop $100-$130k+ for the 'old' model if a 'new' one is right around the corner.

Because the new head lights will also probably roll out with this refresh and those should be pretty awesome (if the friggen NHTSA would friggen approve them being active)

Also, for someone like me who's on the fence on getting a Refresh S, I'm not gonna wanna drop $100-$130k+ for the 'old' model if a 'new' one is right around the corner.
Unfortunately with Tesla that is a dilemma that constantly exists. Changes are always around the corner. But I hear what you are saying.

On a side note I know I'm the minority when I say this, but I do not understand what everyone's complaint is about the headlights. I have never had any visibility issues in my 2017 S.

Unfortunately with Tesla that is a dilemma that constantly exists. Changes are always around the corner. But I hear what you are saying.

On a side note I know I'm the minority when I say this, but I do not understand what everyone's complaint is about the headlights. I have never had any visibility issues in my 2017 S.
It’s one of those things where if you don’t know, you don’t know. Go drive a Model 3 or Y at night and then go back to the S. Good grief is the difference dramatic.

The rear changes are meh. If anything I like the original Palladium rear more, but this barely looks different, it's fine.

I'm with @WilliamG on wanting new headlights though. I didn't realize how bad our S's headlights are till our 3's first drive on unlit rural roads at night. WOW. Makes our S headlights feel like:

1644631727729.png

I haven't driven a Palladium yet, but it sounds like they're not much better. Our 3's matrix LED headlights are WORLDS BETTER. (Not sure about the older Model 3/Y headlights, never drove one at night.)

If the charge port door becomes a giant thing on an arm like the 3/Y I will miss the old one though. Stupid bulky CCS.

Reactions: Pkmmte
Redesign for Europe first. May get here next model year.

No way. For starters there are no Model S being delivered to Europe now and by all accounts it will be close to a year before any are.

Second, they’re all built at the same factory on the same production line. No way Tesla is building two different versions of the car at the same time and maintaining two parts supply chains.