Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL S REAR REFRESH FEB 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 775550
All
Cars made since November have push horn !!!
My LR is made in November. Just went in and tried to smash the air bag, doesnt feel very "pressable". Not gonna play with it more just in case I somehow get an air bag blow up in my face... :)

But that would be fantastic news and some consolation for getting an outdated car (lights) after 2 months.

• Funny
Reactions: koorosh and Maaz
My LR is made in November. Just went in and tried to smash the air bag, doesnt feel very "pressable". Not gonna play with it more just in case I somehow get an air bag blow up in my face... :)

But that would be fantastic news and some consolation for getting an outdated car (lights) after 2 months.
Very late December build here and its the same for me. The airbag pad doesn't move at all, just a slight flex in the material in the center. They may be sensing pressure instead of motion. (?)

• Informative
Reactions: leonwu
Very late December build here and its the same for me. The airbag pad doesn't move at all, just a slight flex in the material in the center. They may be sensing pressure instead of motion. (?)
I think he is trolling because people have been taking off the yoke from day 1 to try and replace it with the round one or square/roundish one and didnt see anything. Also Munro has been taking apart the car and he didn't find anything about a possible Horn and he found that tesla could have made the center screen tilt but didn't because of two small motors

Reactions: Hamilton237
I think he is trolling because people have been taking off the yoke from day 1 to try and replace it with the round one or square/roundish one and didnt see anything. Also Munro has been taking apart the car and he didn't find anything about a possible Horn and he found that tesla could have made the center screen tilt but didn't because of two small motors
Munro hasn't done the yoke analysis video yet. That should enlighten us more. I highly, highly doubt Elon is trolling.

oh Gesture based driving :)
Yes. Engineering also has ML model for honking when you flick off the car in front. Not decided yet if that will be enabled in public release. Camera FoV is not great for it if you stick your arm out far.

Also experimenting with Autohorn capability. Not tied to VO horn release. Testing two modes now, Standard and Chill. Standard honks for car in front not moving at green light, and for being aggressively cut off. Chill only honks for green light and waits longer before doing so. There is also Off setting.

• Funny
Reactions: cmarshack and MarcG
I wonder if tesla watches us through that middle camera. Maybe I shouldn’t bad mouth features that don’t work while in the car so much 😇
haha No negative reviews as the people talking bad about the car in the car somehow become victims of horrible car crashes :) Also even a 25 dollar webcam tells us if it is recording or not with a led but i dont see any LEDs next to the in car camera hmmm