Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S redesign range guesses?

Guess on top range

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would I buy a plaid if the refreshed S has the same range/looks? Not sure if folks will still pay $40k extra for a plaid no matter how much faster it is.

well, I bought the p85d instead of s85 primarily based on performance. Looks identical to a s60 actually. Plus suspension and acc not visible... I guess the next gen backseat is different. But for plaid, I will likely opt for the LR instead - sub-4s 0-100 is “good enough”.

Saw that too, but do we know that this is scale production? Could be just the Fremont pilot factory.
If it's full-scale production, then Elon heavily sandbagged it when he said last September during battery day that they were at least a year away.

I’m not an expert but it looks to be chugging a long at a decent clip. I think they sandbagged.

Looks like I was right on both points:

1. Range is still under 420 for refreshed models to be delivered this quarter (I voted "420 Same", whatever Same means)

2. Refreshed models are still using 18650 form factors, as new 4680 battery cells limited to Model S Plaid+ about a year away (late 2021, plus Elon time)

Design Your Model S | Tesla

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 3.27.27 PM.png

Last edited:

1. Range is still under 420 for refreshed models to be delivered this quarter (I voted "420 Same", whatever Same means)

2. Refreshed models are still using 18650 form factors, as new 4680 battery cells limited to Model S Plaid+ about a year away (late 2021, plus Elon time)

Design Your Model S | Tesla

View attachment 631342

yeah. I get to drive the p85dl for at least a year then! Delivery times here for this was September - then I might as well wait for the 4680...

Although they are late - again. No shipment Q1, lets see if they manage to ship any updates during Q2.

I'm getting a bit sad thinking the 4680 will add too much Elon time to it, not expecting it for real here in Europe until Q3 next year now unless they start to get their house in order. The 18650 vehicles are only expected here in Q42021...

I wish they would take a page out of other tech companies books and actually have product ready when they announce it. The transitions for tesla when bringing out new models are like startup-painful each time as it seems.