TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Referral Program 3.0 Closed 4/15/16 - The Lucky Winners are . . . ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Reeler, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Reeler

Reeler 6 Years of Pure EV

The latest referral program ended on 4/15 as they announced the new front bumper. All prizes are from a random drawing so I bet the chances of winning are very small.

Presumably the drawing can take place already since delivery before that end date was required. Does anyone know anything or will the influencer community selling these cars be kept in the dark and left guessing?

I would like to see a thank you e-mail with a live stream to the drawing event. Maybe a little fanfare . . . anticipation . . . suspense. The cost of this was so low for Tesla, they should throw the referrers a bone with a thank you and formal drawing event (even if virtual).

BTW: I hit the max of three referrals and then sent everyone else to the referral randomizer to spread the love.

2. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

"...and the winner for Europe is...Bjorn Nyland." :p

• Funny x 1
  3. Reeler

LOL. PLEEEEZ, Bjorn has enough free cars from Tesla. I think there should be a limit on how many free cars one can get.

4. Reeler

Someone reported the original program rules said that the drawing was on 4/29. I hope they livecast it so heighten the suspense.

• Like x 1
  5. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Any idea if this drawing has been held yet, and who the lucky winners are?

6. KneeCola

KneeCola Member

Any idea how they plan to communicate the winner(s)? I always find this "winners will be notified by email" schemes a bit shady. Expecting Tesla to do things differently! ;-)

7. Reeler

The drawing was supposed to happen yesterday. Would have been nice to have a little communication here. Total fail Tesla.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

maybe they want to contact the winners first?

• Dislike x 1
  9. Reeler

upload_2016-4-30_21-18-43.png

I scraped this today. No update on who actually won.

10. jlutzwpi

jlutzwpi Member

Does anyone know if a new referral program will start?

11. Reeler

The last one was so miserly who cares. Plus their communication to the participants about winners and drawings was non-existent. TOTAL FAIL TESLA

12. Alex D

Alex D Member

I'm sure the winner was notified by now. And in all honesty, he's the only one who needs to know about it. I don't the see any fail here, sorry.

13. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

I suspect the last referral program was to move the old HPWCs before the new ones were introduced and to sell off as many classic style cars as possible before the facelift. The very short term of the offer that stipulated the car needed to be delivered by April 15 favored selling inventory cars, especially outside of the US.

When I ordered on April 25, the Tesla store page for the HPWCs said there were delays in the new HPWCs going out, though I got notice Tesla shipped on Friday.

14. Evee

Evee Member

no idea but i seriously wanted to win and FINALLY freaking got a single referral this time. :)