Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh bumper for older models!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think anyone will know what changes are underneath for quite some time .. only 25 deliveries and they aren't taking the cars apart .. yet ..

Not to mention, if it is compatible, you likely won't be able to get the front bumper anytime soon ..

Not sure when the cutoff for compatibility was but I know by threads on the forum that a lot of folks upgraded older front bumpers to the previous refresh, which is very similar.

I don't think anyone will know what changes are underneath for quite some time .. only 25 deliveries and they aren't taking the cars apart .. yet ..

Not to mention, if it is compatible, you likely won't be able to get the front bumper anytime soon ..

Not sure when the cutoff for compatibility was but I know by threads on the forum that a lot of folks upgraded older front bumpers to the previous refresh, which is very similar.
Yeah that’s what I’m trying to do but haven’t been added to the Tesla account yet so i can’t order everything i need

Just to clarify what you're really wanting when you say new front refresh, are you asking about the refresh front end introduced in mid-2016 which was the first Model S to not have the black oval front end, or the front end from the new plaid models S?

If you happen to be asking about the mid-2016 type, which has been referred to as the 'refresh' front end for past several years, then there are a couple places that offer kits. I've never investigated them myself, but will likely set you back a few thousand. I'm sure if you do a little bit of goggle searching you'll find several sites that detail what's all involved in the process. Here's one I very quickly found here on TMC.

One of the sources if Unplugged Performance and you can find their full installation instructions for their kit on their site which will give you a good idea of what all is involved.

Now if you're talking about trying to jump two iterations, install the front fascia from the newest model S that was just introduced, then I agree that probably too early for anyone to have a good idea, although I think the unplugged performance folks seem to have already had access to and might be working on some kits.

Just to clarify what you're really wanting when you say new front refresh, are you asking about the refresh front end introduced in mid-2016 which was the first Model S to not have the black oval front end, or the front end from the new plaid models S?

If you happen to be asking about the mid-2016 type, which has been referred to as the 'refresh' front end for past several years, then there are a couple places that offer kits. I've never investigated them myself, but will likely set you back a few thousand. I'm sure if you do a little bit of goggle searching you'll find several sites that detail what's all involved in the process. Here's one I very quickly found here on TMC.

One of the sources if Unplugged Performance and you can find their full installation instructions for their kit on their site which will give you a good idea of what all is involved.

Now if you're talking about trying to jump two iterations, install the front fascia from the newest model S that was just introduced, then I agree that probably too early for anyone to have a good idea, although I think the unplugged performance folks seem to have already had access to and might be working on some kits.
Thanks man ima get the kit

Thanks man ima get the kit
If you are looking for the 2016 refresh "kit" I think this is the best aftermarket version by Unplugged Performance:

There is one from T-Sportline that is cheaper, however personally I think it doesn't look as nice:

• Helpful
Reactions: 365gtb4 and All In
I have looked at both the T-Sportline version and the Unplugged Performance version. In my opinion, these are good looking but fall short of being an exact match as compared to the actual Tesla refresh in that neither of these options use the newer hood that to me, makes a huge difference. The refreshed hood is much more exotic looking, whereas the kit from T-Sportline and Unplugged performance are a close resemblance but do not achieve the intended sleekness of the updated "hood" part of the refresh because the Gen 1 hood stays with the refresh kit which is not nearly as nice as the Gen 2 hood. The problem is that the two hoods use a different striker. Someone needs to come out with a retrofit striker so that the new Gen 2 hood will work on a Gen 1 Model S. Seems like a simple solution, but to my knowledge, neither T-Sportline or Unplugged Performance do this.

I have looked at both the T-Sportline version and the Unplugged Performance version. In my opinion, these are good looking but fall short of being an exact match as compared to the actual Tesla refresh in that neither of these options use the newer hood that to me, makes a huge difference. The refreshed hood is much more exotic looking, whereas the kit from T-Sportline and Unplugged performance are a close resemblance but do not achieve the intended sleekness of the updated "hood" part of the refresh because the Gen 1 hood stays with the refresh kit which is not nearly as nice as the Gen 2 hood. The problem is that the two hoods use a different striker. Someone needs to come out with a retrofit striker so that the new Gen 2 hood will work on a Gen 1 Model S. Seems like a simple solution, but to my knowledge, neither T-Sportline or Unplugged Performance do this.
If I remember correctly many people have done a conversion using OEM Tesla parts and the hood is the same? Let me find a link

Edit**** looks like you were right, however I honestly can't even tell a difference

• Informative
Reactions: All In

Would the newest bumper even work on older model S’s? The older ones have the radiators and cooling louvers by the fog lights that the new one doesn’t have. New bumper would be blocking air flow to those radiators.

Reactions: rickyjb
Hi I bought facelift bumper and bonnet from eBay. But I am really disappointed because it’s not suitable for my Tesla model S please help me what part I need to change to make facelift my old car ?
thanks

Hi, has anyone seen anything in the forums addressing "TroyGuy" comments below: I purchased a Gen 2 hood that has the single striker set up that I want to install on my '14 MS which has the double latch set up. I thought I could just install the double striker that currently on my Gen 1 hood to the Gen 2 hood, but the holes do not line up. Has anybody read or hear of someone solving this problem?

"The problem is that the two hoods use a different striker. Someone needs to come out with a retrofit striker so that the new Gen 2 hood will work on a Gen 1 Model S."