Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh EDD Nov 12-26 For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved in May and couldn't wait for a car so looking for someone to purchase and split the $13,700 savings so you save $6850 and I make $6850. Located in Los Angeles
  • Model S Long Range
  • Pearl White
  • 19" Tempest
  • Black interior
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • NO FSD, but still have option to add before delivery
EDD is Nov 12-26

Purchase price today 11/8/2021 $94,990
Purchase price with my reservation $81,290
Both prices before tire, license, filing, registration, and sales tax

Please PM if you're interested!

Image 2021-11-08 at 9.58.40 AM.jpeg

I never understand how this works. As I understand it, you will take possession of the car, license it and title it at your expense, pay the taxes, and then transfer the vehicle to someone else as a used vehicle, where they then repay title and registration and taxes? If you change the name on the order (and the address), they will make the order a changed order and up the price and possibly cancel the order if they feel or know you are reselling the car. Am I missing something here?

@DerbyDave I'm very open to options to have someone split the the savings benefit as long as were both protected but I do believe there has to be an element of trust with a stranger that might be tough...One option might be to have the buyer meet me at delivery along with a cashiers check and have me sign a DMV title transfer to the buyer.

We know a luxury car dealer that bought out my wife's end of lease BMW. They wired us money first to send a cashiers check to payoff the car and then filled out the transfer paperwork...but we know them very well. According to the dealer, BMW no longer allows cashiers checks from third parties for lease buyouts anymore because of dealers flipping used cars. In any event he didn't want to do it with my Tesla reservation, in his words they are *sugar*. But now she took that "used car equity" and put it into her refreshed X reservation EDD January...all that being said would be nice to put another $6850 into the X reservation if someone has a creative way to do this to save 5-10% on a car that now has 12 month estimated delivery

Reactions: DerbyDave
This should be moved to classifieds section but here's my input on this.

I sold my model S reservation earlier this year but this was before I filled out registration information so it was super easy, I had the buyer enter their details in and logged into my Tesla account to pay for the car during pick up at their location (in a different state). Transfer the car out of my Tesla account after 24hrs.

In your situation you would need the buyer to be local, you pay for car and TTL, however with California you won't get title on the spot. The problem with this is the car now is used and second owner will have to wait and then pay taxes again. I would try to see if your SA can update the car registration details to the potential buyer once you have VIN assigned. However, if Tesla find outs then they'll cancel the reservation. YMMV

Reactions: travwill and style
Reserved in May and couldn't wait for a car so looking for someone to purchase and split the $13,700 savings so you save $6850 and I make $6850. Located in Los Angeles
  • Model S Long Range
  • Pearl White
  • 19" Tempest
  • Black interior
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • NO FSD, but still have option to add before delivery
EDD is Nov 12-26

Purchase price today 11/8/2021 $94,990
Purchase price with my reservation $81,290
Both prices before tire, license, filing, registration, and sales tax

Please PM if you're interested!

View attachment 730700
Is your Tesla still available? I’m very interested. Please let me know. I live locally.

Hi sorry for the delay @Gluber @rocketshipp85 didn't have notifications on

Reservation is still available but not clear on how to protect both of us and save the $14k with the sale/transfer - does anyone have a good idea?
Hi, having trouble responding to you from my computer doesn’t seem to register on my replies so I will try for a third time this time on my phone. Spoke to my nephew and he is very interested and he’s dealing with Tesla on a problem they can’t resolve with his model Y so they might be amenable to doing a transaction like this. He is going to contact them to see what they say. I will get back to you after I hear from him