Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh: Homelink multiple signals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im still having the button responsiveness issue on 32.22. its weird because when i back out of the garage it takes two taps, but when I pull back in and the car is in park it only takes one.
I’m on 32.5 still and haven’t had the responsiveness issue much lately. I suspect this problem will go away when Tesla updates the (utterly ridiculous) button position over the repeater cameras.

Seems many are having the same problem. Has everyone with the problem on their in-warranty car opened up a service ticket to get the problem fixed? If Tesla gets 50 or so (the amount just on TMC), they will likely figure something is wrong and fix it. Otherwise they will be spending money with service replacing parts and doing unnecessary labor. Either way, Tesla can be informed and start corrective actions if you use the processes they have set up to start getting this issue fixed. Please open a service ticket in the app if you have not yet done so.
Really good thought process!!

For those with a new Model S - any issues with your homelink seemingly sending multiple signals? In other words, when you activate homelink does your garage door ever start to move then stop? And possibly even start reversing?

This is happening rather frequently to me. With two different garage doors at two different locations. Both of them happen to be Chamberlain B970s though. I've tried reprogramming both several times with no noticeable improvement. Never had this issue with my previous MS Performance, so I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this or if it's just me.
I have a model S refresh and it works fine for me. Does your garage door have metal panels on it? Perhaps the refresh homelink transmitter is in a new location of the car, and the garage door has metal parts that gets in the way between the transmitter and the garage door opener. I imagine the signal lasts for a second or two, and if that gets interrupted the opener might perceive it as two signals.

I have a model S refresh and it works fine for me. Does your garage door have metal panels on it? Perhaps the refresh homelink transmitter is in a new location of the car, and the garage door has metal parts that gets in the way between the transmitter and the garage door opener. I imagine the signal lasts for a second or two, and if that gets interrupted the opener might perceive it as two signals.

This has been resolved since an update or two back. No more double signals. I do have the occasional non-responsive button though for opening/closing. That's a mild annoyance compared to the double signal, though!

For those with a new Model S - any issues with your homelink seemingly sending multiple signals? In other words, when you activate homelink does your garage door ever start to move then stop? And possibly even start reversing?

This is happening rather frequently to me. With two different garage doors at two different locations. Both of them happen to be Chamberlain B970s though. I've tried reprogramming both several times with no noticeable improvement. Never had this issue with my previous MS Performance, so I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this or if it's just me.

I used to have that problem when closing the door. The front of my car could be just 10ft away from the garage door and after I tap the Homelink button the door would start to close then suddenly reverse. I'm pretty sure it's because of the LED shop lights I have connected to the opener.

I fixed it by installing this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071EYS9M/
And now my range is 50+ ft.

Reactions: Akikiki
I have a Chamberlain Security 2+ / MyQ compatible garage door opener that used to work fine with my 2015 S. I just cannot get it to pair with my new 2021 refreshed S. Tells me there are 2 modes - standard and something called D-mode.

Ive been using D mode - i go press the learn button on the opener, then come back to the car and try to add it - No bueno!

Help!

I have a Chamberlain Security 2+ / MyQ compatible garage door opener that used to work fine with my 2015 S. I just cannot get it to pair with my new 2021 refreshed S. Tells me there are 2 modes - standard and something called D-mode.

Ive been using D mode - i go press the learn button on the opener, then come back to the car and try to add it - No bueno!

Help!
It’s not D mode on the new S. Just standard.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG
This has been resolved since an update or two back. No more double signals. I do have the occasional non-responsive button though for opening/closing. That's a mild annoyance compared to the double signal, though!
@WilliamG, Good to know this has been fixed. Could be that the double signal was failing to distinguish if door was open or closed, and it was confused with the signal it sent. Maybe we will hear a comment from Tesla some day.

@MSPFL
The newer cars, including 3/Y/X have an updated Homelink (Tesla part number 1114984-00-B) module Homelink V. The new version can tell if the door is open or closed. That's finally good news. I didn't see anything on the Homelink V section that explained if Homelink V only worked on newest GDOs, so I guess it does not, else would they not tell us that we need an upgrade. There's also a Homelink Connect app. Allows people to use the app to program Homelink 5.

I've not seen/heard any comment from a new owner that says their version of the Tesla app, also now includes an indicator that the door is open or closed. Maybe (probably) that is coming soon.

I have the same exact problem with a 2021 M3.

I have stopped using the "auto" open feature and initiate the open manually. The door still occasionally loses its memory, but not as often.

I subscribe to the theory that Tesla homelink is sending out repeated signals.

Problem disappeared for us with 2021.32.22
I am still experiencing the multiple signaling problem with 32.22 (sometimes its not just double but as many as 4 times, you can watch the garage door dance - also i can see in the garage door log that it received multiple actions) ALL THE TIME. I can't upgrade yet due to a problem with an internal flash storage that needs to be replaced. Once that happens I hope the update fixes it, but I am not optimistic.

I am still experiencing the multiple signaling problem with 32.22 (sometimes its not just double but as many as 4 times, you can watch the garage door dance - also i can see in the garage door log that it received multiple actions) ALL THE TIME. I can't upgrade yet due to a problem with an internal flash storage that needs to be replaced. Once that happens I hope the update fixes it, but I am not optimistic.

The V11 upgrade on my X seemed to help a bunch w/ Homelink although I get the Parking Assist Chime once in a while. I'm inclined to believe this will never truly be solved. Sigh.

Until my car ended up in service a month ago (and counting), I hadn't had the repeated signals in a few software updates, so that - for me, - is solved. However, when reversing out of my garage, the Garage Door button takes two presses more often than not, to close the door. And it's definitely a bug in the software (or at least, was - I'm 2021.36.8.6 because I never see my car these days, or any days) - because when I try to close the garage door it doesn't even flash up the green "antenna" symbol unless I hit it a second time. Simple thing. Not sure why Tesla hasn't fixed (assuming they still haven't).