Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh: Homelink multiple signals?

verdee

Jan 5, 2015
Denver, CO
im still having the button responsiveness issue on 32.22. its weird because when i back out of the garage it takes two taps, but when I pull back in and the car is in park it only takes one.

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
im still having the button responsiveness issue on 32.22. its weird because when i back out of the garage it takes two taps, but when I pull back in and the car is in park it only takes one.
I’m on 32.5 still and haven’t had the responsiveness issue much lately. I suspect this problem will go away when Tesla updates the (utterly ridiculous) button position over the repeater cameras.

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
All double (or triple) signaling from both manual or gps fenced auto trigger. Sometimes it looks like responsiveness but I can see in the door logs that it’s just gets repeated signaled so fast it cancels
Yeah this is a right nuisance for sure. Crazy it’s not been fixed.

Reactions: impastu

a1machinista1

MY5 5/24 wh/blk 19" tow-- MSLR 6/1 MSM/blk 19"
Apr 12, 2019
oregon
Seems many are having the same problem. Has everyone with the problem on their in-warranty car opened up a service ticket to get the problem fixed? If Tesla gets 50 or so (the amount just on TMC), they will likely figure something is wrong and fix it. Otherwise they will be spending money with service replacing parts and doing unnecessary labor. Either way, Tesla can be informed and start corrective actions if you use the processes they have set up to start getting this issue fixed. Please open a service ticket in the app if you have not yet done so.
Really good thought process!!

bsoo

Sep 14, 2016
California
For those with a new Model S - any issues with your homelink seemingly sending multiple signals? In other words, when you activate homelink does your garage door ever start to move then stop? And possibly even start reversing?

This is happening rather frequently to me. With two different garage doors at two different locations. Both of them happen to be Chamberlain B970s though. I've tried reprogramming both several times with no noticeable improvement. Never had this issue with my previous MS Performance, so I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this or if it's just me.
I have a model S refresh and it works fine for me. Does your garage door have metal panels on it? Perhaps the refresh homelink transmitter is in a new location of the car, and the garage door has metal parts that gets in the way between the transmitter and the garage door opener. I imagine the signal lasts for a second or two, and if that gets interrupted the opener might perceive it as two signals.

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I have a model S refresh and it works fine for me. Does your garage door have metal panels on it? Perhaps the refresh homelink transmitter is in a new location of the car, and the garage door has metal parts that gets in the way between the transmitter and the garage door opener. I imagine the signal lasts for a second or two, and if that gets interrupted the opener might perceive it as two signals.

This has been resolved since an update or two back. No more double signals. I do have the occasional non-responsive button though for opening/closing. That's a mild annoyance compared to the double signal, though!

Russell

Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
For those with a new Model S - any issues with your homelink seemingly sending multiple signals? In other words, when you activate homelink does your garage door ever start to move then stop? And possibly even start reversing?

This is happening rather frequently to me. With two different garage doors at two different locations. Both of them happen to be Chamberlain B970s though. I've tried reprogramming both several times with no noticeable improvement. Never had this issue with my previous MS Performance, so I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this or if it's just me.

I used to have that problem when closing the door. The front of my car could be just 10ft away from the garage door and after I tap the Homelink button the door would start to close then suddenly reverse. I'm pretty sure it's because of the LED shop lights I have connected to the opener.

I fixed it by installing this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071EYS9M/
And now my range is 50+ ft.

Reactions: Akikiki

MFrunkerOG

May 30, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I have a Chamberlain Security 2+ / MyQ compatible garage door opener that used to work fine with my 2015 S. I just cannot get it to pair with my new 2021 refreshed S. Tells me there are 2 modes - standard and something called D-mode.

Ive been using D mode - i go press the learn button on the opener, then come back to the car and try to add it - No bueno!

Help!

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I have a Chamberlain Security 2+ / MyQ compatible garage door opener that used to work fine with my 2015 S. I just cannot get it to pair with my new 2021 refreshed S. Tells me there are 2 modes - standard and something called D-mode.

Ive been using D mode - i go press the learn button on the opener, then come back to the car and try to add it - No bueno!

Help!
It’s not D mode on the new S. Just standard.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
This has been resolved since an update or two back. No more double signals. I do have the occasional non-responsive button though for opening/closing. That's a mild annoyance compared to the double signal, though!
@WilliamG, Good to know this has been fixed. Could be that the double signal was failing to distinguish if door was open or closed, and it was confused with the signal it sent. Maybe we will hear a comment from Tesla some day.

@MSPFL
The newer cars, including 3/Y/X have an updated Homelink (Tesla part number 1114984-00-B) module Homelink V. The new version can tell if the door is open or closed. That's finally good news. I didn't see anything on the Homelink V section that explained if Homelink V only worked on newest GDOs, so I guess it does not, else would they not tell us that we need an upgrade. There's also a Homelink Connect app. Allows people to use the app to program Homelink 5.

I've not seen/heard any comment from a new owner that says their version of the Tesla app, also now includes an indicator that the door is open or closed. Maybe (probably) that is coming soon.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC