Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh infotainment system powered by AMD's NAVI 23

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Navi-23-Tesla-Diagram-1200x704.jpg

The diagram would confirm that Navi 23 for Tesla systems will have GDDR6 memory in 16Gb (2GB) capacity. This memory would be manufactured by Samsung (K4ZAF325XM). There would be 4 modules which means 8GB of memory in total. According to the diagram, the memory is 14 Gbps and is attached to a 128-bit memory bus. This would provide a maximum bandwidth of 224 GB/s, similar to Xbox Series S....

According to Tesla, the new system will offer up to 10 teraflops of power, which is comparable to the Sony PlayStation 5. In order to achieve such a FP32 compute power, 32 Compute Units of Navi 23 GPU (2048 Stream Processors) would have to be clocked at least 2.44 GHz..

AMD Navi 23 GPU block diagram for TESLA 2021 infotainment system has been leaked - VideoCardz.com

Backs up reports of secondary board in addition to the Intel Atom based MCU2.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
Speak to me like a 3rd grader - is that a good processor?
It is the latest, fastest graphics processor (GPU). The kind the new XBox and PlayStation have. According to Reddit the main processor (CPU) is the same automotive grade Intel Atom as in MCU2 but in the new S/X the two are wired over a network like the autopilot computer is.

Last edited:
It is the latest, fastest GPU. The kind the new XBox and PlayStation have.
I wouldn't go as far as to say its the fastest GPU, its a mid range GPU, not a high end GPU. For AMD that would be Navi 21.
Agreed. Maybe I should have said most efficient, since you fastest can always be achieved with more cores and more power consumption, generating more heat. But the requirement was language for a third grader and not all third graders know what efficient means.

That said, if I were Tesla, I would be putting resources into VR gaming with that hardware. Not sure you are any more apt to get car sick with a VR headset than you are looking at a tiny screen attached to the console.