Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh "MI03"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yah me neither...

G for Graphite makes sense (DSHG). But wheres the "graphite"? Should be the top pad, but can't see it.

BTW the new oak decor has option code "IDOK"

Graphite Trim:
tesla-jpg.299909

You can see it around the center screen and on the doors and cup holders.

It is most noticeable with the new cream interior. This is also a higher resolution picture.

View attachment 299944

So far was I have observed from my car (delivery tomorrow) and the pictures I saved:

Far less chrome in the interior.
- No chrome around the vents anymore.
- No chrome around the MCU
- No chrome around the cupholders
- Black floormats (mine are somewhat grayish?)
- Chrome on the doorpanels seems less shiny? Maybe its not chrome but some grey liner?

Attached is my car with the old design.
stud_seat_alta.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike
I really really like the new grey interior bits. Makes the car look much more modern. The vents has always been somewhat "old" looking with the chrome trim, now with the grey they disappear much better in the front dash. The same is for the "frame" around the 17" screen, it now become a more integrated part of the interior. Amazing what a little change like this can make for the entire perception of the dashboard.

They have also updated the steering wheel trim, the surrounded trim around the instrument cluster etc. Awesome news!

Now just change the rear old ancient LED-lights on the Model S to the same versions that are used on the Model X/3. If they change the rear lights I'll order a Model S that day! Anyone who use twitter that can post this to Elon and make him change the rear lights? ;)

Seems like "DSHG" isn't the graphite details around mcu, cupholders etc. after all.

Interior view in Design Studio is updated now - with the graphite details - and it seems to be linked to the seat package option code (QTFC, QTTB, QTPP, QTPP and QTBW). Just try to remove that option code, and it goes back to chrome details.

Changing "DSHG" to DSH5, or removing DSH(x) completely, doesn't do anything to the image.

So DSHG might be a new dash top pad still...

Still, MI03 is largely unexplained:

- Some cars with MI03 were already delivered when the trim was still silver according to reports.

- Other option codes trigger the graphite in the design studio.

- The new Intel-based MCU seems unrelated to the MI03 option code?

Maybe some ‘under the hood changes’ ?

I just got a rental loaner from the Palo Alto service center. It's a 75D vin 266,7xx with only 36 miles on the odometer so it's fresh out of the factory and the graphite interior trim looks amazing. Very little chrome left. I see small bits of silver around the mirror and window switches, the air vent louvers, for handles, and the Tesla logo on the steering wheel. But most of these are a nice satin finish, not a smooth shiny chrome. Very classy.