Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh "MI03"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of my SP100D right before the release of the new MCU and vanity light :(
Oh well, I concluded that I love the one I have :)

I was initially concerned that there would be a new body change. I reflected back on life and remembered that there are rare cases with body styles that are timeless, like the 911 Porsche. Tesla Models S is an amazing vehicle and I plan to love this car for a very long time. No need to be envious if a new body style comes out, the current style is timeless.

I did just notice this screenshot from another member on TMC, which seem to indicate different floormats for cars built in september 2018? This is for a MX, but none the less. It seems to be an indication that the MX will change in September?

"in ontwikkeling" means "in development'
floormat.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: widodh
MI03 seems to appear on both MS and MX but MI02 only seems to occur on MX and MI01 on MS (as well known it was the original facelift)

Maybe they this is the marker for the DU00 motors or something like that (although the DU00 motors have specific codes too I think)

I recently took delivery of my SP100D right before the release of the new MCU and vanity light :(
Oh well, I concluded that I love the one I have :)

I was initially concerned that there would be a new body change. I reflected back on life and remembered that there are rare cases with body styles that are timeless, like the 911 Porsche. Tesla Models S is an amazing vehicle and I plan to love this car for a very long time. No need to be envious if a new body style comes out, the current style is timeless.

Can't agree with you more. We see it every day in our garage/parking, so we might get a bit used to it. But just today, parking it at hte coffee shop this morning and looking at it through the glass while inside, I couldn't stop but admire the beautify of our car (have the white car as well - with black slipstreams) - this might as well be Tesla's most beautifully designed car for a long long time - it's wide body with relatively low stance, the curves...sometimes it is quite difficult to improve upon it. Tesla knows it and they are not rushing to tinker their perfect design :).

Reactions: vraev and GatorGuy
Can't agree with you more. We see it every day in our garage/parking, so we might get a bit used to it. But just today, parking it at hte coffee shop this morning and looking at it through the glass while inside, I couldn't stop but admire the beautify of our car (have the white car as well - with black slipstreams) - this might as well be Tesla's most beautifully designed car for a long long time - it's wide body with relatively low stance, the curves...sometimes it is quite difficult to improve upon it. Tesla knows it and they are not rushing to tinker their perfect design :).
I agree. I can't wait but open my garage door at night, or stare at my car at other tiems during the day when I am out. I love the curves. This is the first commuter car that looks amazing. It has the best looks from an Aston Martin and a Maserati. I don't know what they would do to improve on it, but if the roadster 2.0 is any indication, I can't wait to see what Tesla make next (....just wait a couple of years before the upgrade.. lol...don't want to feel left behind having boght my car just in december). :)

I ordered my MS mid March (Europe) and I have been logging my option codes with regular intervals. My MS was produced April 11th onwards. On Friday (May 4th) my MS was confirmed for shipping and now my option code which was always MI01 changed to MI03!

I'm due for delivery early/mid June.

Curious what this means! ;)

(Edit: no other option codes seem to have changed, only MI0)