Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cut mine with a utility knife. I traced the shape I wanted and then scored it. The material cut easily.
Just a quick update on my OEM Tesla mud flaps. After 2500 miles and 1 month they are working fine with no scrapping. I didn’t shorten the flap and have my suspension set on medium. I will admit I only drive spirited up to 10 over the speed limit so I might not be the best test case. Anyway I’m happy with them.

I just went over one of those sharp rubber like speed bumps yesterday with the OEM front flaps. I could hear both flaps just graze the speed bump. 1 inch cut off flap is perfect for me. I was on medium height. I’m surprised how well the rear, with no flaps, is holding up.

Reactions: impastu
Took delivery in January so swapped straight to winters. Just got summers back on. Holy cow the debris they kick up on the mud flaps! Feel sorry for the new S owners who aren’t aware of the sandblast their side panels are receiving.
Agree. I can't believe how much stuff I clean off the mud flaps. I am happy I have them. Sure they scrape the ground here and there. But by keeping the ride height at medium, I rarely scrape now (I did not cut them shorter).

Finalized the first six orders of the next batch this evening.View attachment 764723

I have enough flaps cut currently to fill another 4 orders, and I believe I have enough material left from that to fill at least 2 -- possibly 3 or 4 more orders. Will know once I break into it in a few days.

Here's the current batch #1 Status:
View attachment 764724

@derichio02 and @jm404 please hit me up with payment/flap instructions within the next few days (i dmed you).

@MFrunkerOG, @deadwynter, @GroovaEV, @Buddha2345, @properly1, @bhzmark, @Mgbjr16 Expect DM's from me within a day or two regarding payment/flap instructions.

Batch #2 is next up to bat:
View attachment 764725

And then future potential in the works:
View attachment 764726

I know it's slow -- but it is what it is. I'm just one guy---with three jobs.

If you're not on the list (Batch #3) -- keep in mind I see your messages and DMs -- When I update the lists I comb back through the DMs and messages and add in order that was asked. So if I don't respond to you -- know that I see your request.

I'll keep everyone updated.

This week has been slowed by the snow. I have gotten to test out the "cyber truck" though.
View attachment 764722

It did pretty well, got about 500 meters of range at -6 C including a lot of doughnuts and general galivanting.

MORE TO FOLLOW
Wow did you make this CyberTruck model?

Hey guys, my rock guards are all set, and production is in place! DM me for a set, $150 for the pair of fronts. Uses the factory push pin, and just needs double sided tape going up the edge that touches the fender. You can also reach me at @vipertoad on IG. Thanks!

tesla rock guards.jpg

Few more photos since I keep getting DMs about them!

big version.jpg

IMG_9644.jpg

IMG_9645.jpg

These are made out of 1/16" ABS plastic. The side facing the wheel is textured plastic, and exterior side facing the body is matte carbon wrap. These are cut professionally by my manufacturer in California. Each set is made to order, only take about a week (sometimes faster) to make and ship.

Reactions: impastu and BonB
Few more photos since I keep getting DMs about them!

These are made out of 1/16" ABS plastic. The side facing the wheel is textured plastic, and exterior side facing the body is matte carbon wrap. These are cut professionally by my manufacturer in California. Each set is made to order, only take about a week (sometimes faster) to make and ship.
Anything for the rear?

Reactions: impastu and Mac13
Not at this time, rears don't seem to be a problem on these cars, these are meant to protect the quarter panel from being blasted by rocks from the front wheels due to the hourglass shape of the body.
I am definitely seeing signs of impact in the PPF that I have behind my wheels. A friend through a lot of hard launches has already blasted through the PPF on his Plaid.

I am definitely seeing signs of impact in the PPF that I have behind my wheels. A friend through a lot of hard launches has already blasted through the PPF on his Plaid.

Gotcha, I may roll out rear ones down the line if I get a lot of interest, for now all the interest I've had has been for the fronts. The more stuff you stick on these things, the worse the aerodynamics and range, and more wind noise, so trying to keep it at a minimum.

Gotcha, I may roll out rear ones down the line if I get a lot of interest, for now all the interest I've had has been for the fronts. The more stuff you stick on these things, the worse the aerodynamics and range, and more wind noise, so trying to keep it at a minimum.

Is it possible to get them without the carbon look?