Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summers. Tesla has agreed to swap them out, but they are not in yet.
May be a while. This was listed last night and lasted a few hours before going out of stock. Was lucky enough to snag a set (cheers, @jebinc and @Daniellane). Might be worth setting up an alert for those that need something practical for the wintry months.

• Informative
Reactions: 4SUPER9
May be a while. This was listed last night and lasted a few hours before going out of stock. Was lucky enough to snag a set (cheers, @jebinc and @Daniellane). Might be worth setting up an alert for those that need something practical for the wintry months.

I saw that too.

I’d be tempted to get some all seasons for my 21’s but I would be worried about losing traction at a critical moment in the summer… With over 1000hp you really can’t mess around.

I’ll probably keep the summers and eventually get some all seasons on some aftermarket wheels.

I saw that too.

I’d be tempted to get some all seasons for my 21’s but I would be worried about losing traction at a critical moment in the summer… With over 1000hp you really can’t mess around.

I’ll probably keep the summers and eventually get some all seasons on some aftermarket wheels.

Those P ZERO WINTERS are high performance winter tires. Some people use them all year round... They should have no traction issues at all, which is why I suspect Tesla chose them for the new S.

Reactions: jebinc
Cost breakdown for first set of 10 will be:

$191.67 for hardware for 10 cars
$292.30 for Extruded ABS Sheets for 10 cars
$250 for labor for 10 cars:

That comes to $73.40 per set plus shipping.

I will get UPS to package and ship these for me, cost will probably be around $25 per with materials.

$100 all in sound fair folks?

edit: Attached material receipts:
More than fair - I know I speak for everyone on here when I say we can't thank you enough.....

Do you want any help with a spreadsheet for addresses that we can collect and give to you? (you could also then track payments received, etc) Is there a format for collecting addresses you prefer that will make it easier to quickly batch-print labels rather than manually keying in?

Or, if easier - we can each create our own postage online and email it to you (I'm still happy to pay the $100 for all the time and effort you put in)

OMG I'm #1!!

I'd like to thank my parents, my siblings, Brooke Shields and... of course, WORLD PEACE!!! WORLD PEACE!!!

More than fair - I know I speak for everyone on here when I say we can't thank you enough.....

Do you want any help with a spreadsheet for addresses that we can collect and give to you? (you could also then track payments received, etc) Is there a format for collecting addresses you prefer that will make it easier to quickly batch-print labels rather than manually keying in?

Or, if easier - we can each create our own postage online and email it to you (I'm still happy to pay the $100 for all the time and effort you put in)
What I plan on doing is just reaching out individually and handling it via DM then marking off the names in this thread so people can track their position on the list.

Reactions: gbailey and jm404
Noted.

Anyone else just comment the same and I’ll come back and build a new list once we get through this.

And there’s also a chance someone could drop off the current list and you make it in anyways.

So much hype. With the winter wheels/tires on the way, and the mudflaps tantalizingly close to shipping, I should be set for the winter, and can finally stop chipping up the paint on the rear quarters (thanks, Tesla!)

Reactions: jebinc
Maybe I can get some advice here: I currently have my 19's, which will be used for road trips and ski trips. I have on order a set of 21" rims from Signature. Instead of taking my car to the tire shop every time I want to swap, I would prefer to do this myself. Now is the time, as I will want to take the rear wheels off to mount these mudflaps.

I have changed tires many times in my life on ICE cars, but never on this or my prior MS's. I already have a good 21 mm socket and a torque wrench to get the setting to 129 lb/in. Since I may do this a few times a year, I may want to make my life easier. Would it be worth getting an impact wrench, and if so, any recommendations for something not too crazy for the 3-4x/year that I would need it?

Maybe I can get some advice here: I currently have my 19's, which will be used for road trips and ski trips. I have on order a set of 21" rims from Signature. Instead of taking my car to the tire shop every time I want to swap, I would prefer to do this myself. Now is the time, as I will want to take the rear wheels off to mount these mudflaps.

I have changed tires many times in my life on ICE cars, but never on this or my prior MS's. I already have a good 21 mm socket and a torque wrench to get the setting to 129 lb/in. Since I may do this a few times a year, I may want to make my life easier. Would it be worth getting an impact wrench, and if so, any recommendations for something not too crazy for the 3-4x/year that I would need it?
I only use my impact to quickly zip the lugs on or off (and maybe lightly retorque), but I never torque or untorque with it on a healthy car.

For torquing it’s easy to go over/under even with torque sticks, but honestly I just trust a calibrated wrench more.

For untorquing it’s perfectly fine to use the impact as it’s less likely to strip or break a stud.

I just prefer personally to use a breaker bar when loosening so I can “feel” the stud and the nut. If i know the lug or stud is corroded I’ll switch to the torque wrench as it will more safely remove the nut.

It really just comes down to preference. Someone who works with cars daily can probably torque by the sound or feel alone with an impact, but I can’t.

BTW: I use this one.

Edit: Oh also BE SURE to get a nylon lug socket set, it will save your ass. Something like these (fixed link) but not necessarily that brand.

Last edited:
I only use my impact to quickly zip the lugs on or off (and maybe lightly retorque), but I never torque or untorque with it on a healthy car.

For torquing it’s easy to go over/under even with torque sticks, but honestly I just trust a calibrated wrench more.

For untorquing it’s perfectly fine to use the impact as it’s less likely to strip or break a stud.

I just prefer personally to use a breaker bar when loosening so I can “feel” the stud and the nut. If i know the lug or stud is corroded I’ll switch to the torque wrench as it will more safely remove the nut.

It really just comes down to preference. Someone who works with cars daily can probably torque by the sound or feel alone with an impact, but I can’t.

BTW: I use this one.

Edit: Oh also BE SURE to get a nylon lug socket set, it will save your ass. Something like these (fixed link) but not necessarily that brand.
Great. This is pretty much my plan anyway. I have the nylon socket. I intend to use the impact wrench after a break bar, just for untorquing, and manually putting the lugs back on, finishing it off with the torque wrench.