Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It all sounds great, quick question though, do we have to take the wheels off to install or can we use a 45 degree tool of some sort to do it?
For the front I wouldn’t recommend removing the wheel, you’ll have enough space at full lock.

For the rear it can be done, but it will be similar experience to cutting your lawn with a pocket knife. There will be a lot of regret and cursing.

Please DM ppl here when you're ready since we all don't check the thread all the time, every day and with the holidays coming up soon. But a DM will send an email to us. Thanks!

Hardware has arrived and been assembled!
IMG_20211209_192930266_HDR.jpg

ABS was delayed--BUT should be here Monday.

The Fastener I’m pointing to on the left replaces the factory fastener (center) on the corner of the mud flap:
View attachment 736601
View attachment 736602

You then reuse the factory fastener on the drilled hole on the left:

View attachment 736604

Then a very short M6x1.0 bolt Is used up top.
(Currently looking for the right length, brb)
Can you tell me what part number or where you got the clip fastener that you used Put a screw through the flap without drilling the car?

Nevermind, I found it in the thread.

Furthermore , if you decide to offer another round, I’m in.

Last edited:
Plastic should be here tomorrow.

Coincidentally she's going in for service tomorrow to replace the front door seals (excess residue all over the triangle window area). 😓View attachment 743629View attachment 743630

So Ill need to be working on this first batch to keep it out of my head. Hope Tesla takes good care of it.
Look sweet!

My White/black LR comes in 10 days!!

I ordered a pair of the generic flaps for the front to hold me over.

One thing to be aware of, the “smooth” side will not be perfect. This plastic practically comes pre-scratched on the non-textured side, but it’s just the nature of the beast. I suppose you could sand a texture into the “smooth” side if you wanted.

Scratches and divots and so forth visible here:
View attachment 741527

In a perfect world I’d like to have texture on both sides. But this is how it comes.

It doesn’t bother me because it’s a consumable part much like a tire. The goal of the flaps is to blend in and not be noticed. And they do a good job of that.

I’ll experiment with some resurfacing with some scrap pieces tomorrow out of curiosity though.
Just an idea, why not make the smooth side towards the tire? It'll get textured quickly on it's own, and nobody will see it anyway, being close to the tire. The nice looking side with stay nice on the backside