Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First 5 sets done! Heading to ship now, I'll notify each of you in PM with tracking!

IMG_20211222_165538.jpg

Few things to be aware of again:

Every set will have scratches on the smooth side. Nothing I can do about it as the plastic comes pre scratched. Don't worry most of it is covered up by the car and you won't notice the bits that are exposed. It's a wear item like a tire, so that's just part of it.

The clips look funky from behind, but they go inside the fender so you'll never see the funky bits. My manufacturing process is not exactly state of the art:
IMG_20211222_164015.jpg

They look real good from the front tho!
IMG_20211222_165902.jpg

The rear flaps are WARPED. Don't freak out, they are shaped like this on purpose so they fit the odd shape of the car without stressing the plastic which could cause it to snap in extreme cold temps:
IMG_20211222_152420.jpg
IMG_20211222_152428.jpg

And finally,

The connectors are serious. The well nuts will REMOVE YOUR FENDER LINER before they break off if you hit a parking curb. So BE AWARE OF THE FLAPS AT ALL TIMES. The flaps will bend and break under the weight of the car, but I can make no guarantees here and will not be held liable/accountable for something you choose to install on your vehicle.

Don't worry thought, just don't be a dumbass and you'll be fine.

The flaps have over 3" of clearance at their lowest setting so if you happen to hit something that hits the flaps, I'm sure you'll have bigger problems anyways.

Oh and finally, orders #6-10 will be filled after the holidays. Next week most likely. I ran out of time. 😁

Edit #2 I'll get the video instruction links posted tonight.

Edit #3 I haven't forgot about you @jebinc

Just catching up on this thread and making sure I have everything on my end in preparation.

The following sound about right?

Front can be installed without taking the wheel off.
Rears will need to be removed so you'll need a Jack along with pads (I made some with hockey pucks)
TEKTON 1/2 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench (25-250 ft.-lb.) | 24340
if you have 21" wheels: Wheel Hub Bolt Nut Cover Removal Tool Nut Caps Lug Puller

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Yep. That's exactly correct.

Reactions: jm404 and GroovaEV
Great...except, I can see that Feb, 2022 date slipping to March, then April, then May, then June, then July, then Aug...and sometime in 2023 perhaps, maybe?!?!?!?!?!? BTW -- does Tesla even have an all-weather rear trunk mat available to purchase now on the Tesla Store? I haven't looked lately, but guessing NO. They have the all-weather floor mats BUT not the trunk mat??? WTF??? At least I was able to get an EXACT fit all-weather trunk mat for my MS Plaid from Tesmanian.com. Crazy that Tesla has nothing. So, I wouldn't bet the farm that Tesla will indeed have MS Plaid/LR mud flaps available to purchase by this Feb, 2022. Just my $0.02. :rolleyes:

First 5 sets done! Heading to ship now, I'll notify each of you in PM with tracking!

View attachment 747150

Few things to be aware of again:

Every set will have scratches on the smooth side. Nothing I can do about it as the plastic comes pre scratched. Don't worry most of it is covered up by the car and you won't notice the bits that are exposed. It's a wear item like a tire, so that's just part of it.

The clips look funky from behind, but they go inside the fender so you'll never see the funky bits. My manufacturing process is not exactly state of the art:View attachment 747151

They look real good from the front tho!
View attachment 747154

The rear flaps are WARPED. Don't freak out, they are shaped like this on purpose so they fit the odd shape of the car without stressing the plastic which could cause it to snap in extreme cold temps:
View attachment 747152View attachment 747153

And finally,

The connectors are serious. The well nuts will REMOVE YOUR FENDER LINER before they break off if you hit a parking curb. So BE AWARE OF THE FLAPS AT ALL TIMES. The flaps will bend and break under the weight of the car, but I can make no guarantees here and will not be held liable/accountable for something you choose to install on your vehicle.

Don't worry thought, just don't be a dumbass and you'll be fine.

The flaps have over 3" of clearance at their lowest setting so if you happen to hit something that hits the flaps, I'm sure you'll have bigger problems anyways.

Oh and finally, orders #6-10 will be filled after the holidays. Next week most likely. I ran out of time. 😁

Edit #2 I'll get the video instruction links posted tonight.

Edit #3 I haven't forgot about you @jebinc
Thank you!

@M4H4X Hi, do you have a new list that shows where people are on the list..so that we can see/gauge how long it is. I posted to be adde up in post #443, so just trying to see how far out I am.

PS - definitely appreciate all the hard work and time you put into these!