Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear only flap orders ship Wednesday. Missing hardware is arriving finally. :)

Screenshot_20220124-151331.png

Also, if anyone wants to switch their "rear" only order back to full flaps just let me know. I still have enough material to do the full sets.

Also, full flap people -- orders should start shipping later this week.

Also --- bit of bad news.

I sold my plaid. At the risk of being fired out of a Canon into the sun, I ordered the new (much slower) Porsche Taycan GTS. I want to play around over on the dark side for a bit until the Roadster becomes a reality. Still 100% supportive of Tesla and the community, still got a CT Plaid on preorder. Just was ready for something different for a while.

This means my dreams for a no drill front flap have been complicated. If anyone is in the DFW area and has an afternoon to spare, I'd love to use your car to template my no-drill solution.

View attachment 759641

Also, if anyone wants to switch their "rear" only order back to full flaps just let me know. I still have enough material to do the full sets.

I sold my plaid. At the risk of being fired out of a Canon into the sun, I ordered the new (much slower) Porsche Taycan GTS. I want to play around over on the dark side for a bit until the Roadster becomes a reality. Still 100% supportive of Tesla and the community, still got a CT Plaid on preorder. Just was ready for something different for a while.

This means my dreams for a no drill front flap have been complicated. If anyone is in the DFW area and has an afternoon to spare, I'd love to use your car to template my no-drill solution.
Interesting! What was your main reason if you don't mind me asking?

View attachment 759641

What did you get for the Plaid?

Interesting! What was your main reason if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly it's just me being fickle. My Plaid had problems, but so did my prior Tesla's. I knew what I was getting into, but there wasn't any particular "thing" related to the Tesla that made me decide. I'm sure the Taycan will have it's own host of issues.

When the Taycan GTS was announced I drooled over it, then I just developed a love affair for it and wanted to get my hands on one for a while.

But I'm still here, making flaps for the time being. Until the market fills this hole I want to help because I know how frustrating it is to listen to summer tires barrage the side of your car with debris. No one should have to go through that every day.

I have to give points to Porsche though, all seasons were a checkbox that I definitely checked. I wish Tesla gave us that choice on the configurator with the 21s.

But again to reiterate, this isn't a breakup, it's just a short reprieve until the Roadster and Cybertruck. 😬

Honestly it's just me being fickle. My Plaid had problems, but so did my prior Tesla's. I knew what I was getting into, but there wasn't any particular "thing" related to the Tesla that made me decide. I'm sure the Taycan will have it's own host of issues.

When the Taycan GTS was announced I drooled over it, then I just developed a love affair for it and wanted to get my hands on one for a while.

But I'm still here, making flaps for the time being. Until the market fills this hole I want to help because I know how frustrating it is to listen to summer tires barrage the side of your car with debris. No one should have to go through that every day.

I have to give points to Porsche though, all seasons were a checkbox that I definitely checked. I wish Tesla gave us that choice on the configurator with the 21s.

But again to reiterate, this isn't a breakup, it's just a short reprieve until the Roadster and Cybertruck. 😬
No I get it man! Thanks for the breakdown. I'm just getting the LR version, but this will be the fastest car I've owned(previous fastest was a Camaro SS). Porsche has some definite quality improvements for sure, at the sacrifice of some performance. Hope you dig the Porsche when you get it man!

Congrats. I hope you are able to figure out from a local forum member on how to do the no drill solution. Thanks again for all the contributions you have made! :)

Reactions: Bull
Did you sell it privately, or trade it against the Porsche? When you say you made back what you paid, you don’t mean the sale tax too, right? Just the car price?
Yeah exactly. I did an early trade and made back the value sans tax. I could have sold it privately or to a wholesaler but against the Taycans value it made more sense to just trade given their offer. Save time too.

Reactions: WilliamG
No I get it man! Thanks for the breakdown. I'm just getting the LR version, but this will be the fastest car I've owned(previous fastest was a Camaro SS). Porsche has some definite quality improvements for sure, at the sacrifice of some performance. Hope you dig the Porsche when you get it man!
That LR should still be quicker than my GTS will be in a straight line at least. No idea how they would compare on a track. But no worries, it's two different types of cars.

Yeah exactly. I did an early trade and made back the value sans tax. I could have sold it privately or to a wholesaler but against the Taycans value it made more sense to just trade given their offer. Save time too.
Hear, hear! If I could do the same, i would. The best offer I received on my Plaid was $121,400, against a purchase price of $143,000 plus tax and license. Tesla retail. Trade value was $103,900. 3000 miles on the odo… YMMV.
@WilliamG